Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus court case

Options
  • 19-01-2022 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

So I was on the way to work one morning and was using a child's leap card when I shouldn't have been which is fair, i gave right details and even id to the inspector. I then got a letter for the fine saying that I have to pay They completely misspelled my second name which made me think should I even pay it as technically, it could be somebody else's fine. I then went onto the website within the 21 days of reduced fine to pay but even with correct details for some reason it said it was invalid. I have a video of me putting in the details and the date and time also the ticket, So I have proof trying to pay but the system not letting me. They kept mailing me and then finally a court date was sent to me. Am I now expected to pay for solicitor which is more than the Dublin bus fine and possibly then pay the fine itself or worst case if the judge doesn't agree with me even more? if I win will I be compensated as its completely out of my control and I cant see the argument of why did you not ring them as a valid excuse as why is it my job to ring them that they're system isn't working. Not to mention the court letter they also spelled my name wrong but this time just 1 letter so fairly obvious its just a typo.

sorry if there is a lot to read about this story if you have any help and recommendations I would greatly appreciated and I will answer any more questions to clarify the story even more. I am being summoned to the four courts. Thanks in advance.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Aside from being massively off-topic for the Feedback forum, any kind of legal advice is banned sitewide. You need to consult a solicitor.

This is being closed to prevent people trying to continue this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement