Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooley Park, Dundalk - Opinions please

Options
  • 19-01-2022 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi everyone,

I am interested in moving to Dundalk (and buying a property there). I have a daughter who is going to attend the Dundalk Grammar School soo, so we will be there until she finishes primary school, then we will surely move back to France (at least 10 years lol).

I have been to Dundalk many many times, and it was Ok for me (It is not Galway but Ireland is small and with a car, you can go everywhere at the weekend). But I read bad things about Dundalk, sometimes; so people who know the area, what do you think of Cooley Park, please? Is it OK for a young family? Moving too far away from Dublin didn't work for us (but we don't want to be in Dublin city centre anymore) and we just need schools, leisure and sports facilities (swimming pools), shops, the sea (Blackrock) and good neighbours.

Of course, we will spend some time there before buying (I work 100% from home so I am flexible), but it is always nice (and helpful) to hear what people think (or their experience).

So what do you think, please?

Thanks a million :)

Post edited by idamac on
    Tagged:

Comments

Advertisement