Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas off Season Photo Challenge

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Anyone up for a boards.ie Christmas Photo challenge?

For a little game to keep us on the lookout for Christmas off-season, anyone who snaps a pic of something Christmas related between Feb & July (to make it even harder) gets 5 points per picture, the most amout of points at the 1st of August wins.

Only 2 rules,

1. Can't be something from inside your own house/garden,etc.
    2. Has to be a snapped pic, not an image from the net.

Leaderboard

1. Smell the glove - 710 points
    2. Nothing surprises me now - 640 points
    3. Autosport - 440 points
    4. Posy - 395 points
    5. Caranica - 285 points
    6. Miamee - 150 points
    7. Pigtail33 - 125 points
    8. CheerLouth - 80 points
    9. CarrieAnne - 70 points
    10. Freshpopcorn - 45 points
    11. Jude13 - 35 points
    12. TRS30 - 30 points
    13. DVB - 15 points
    14. Mutleyboo - 15 points
    Post edited by Posy on

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Sounds like a fun little challenge, similar to the the Christmas out of season thread but with pics/proof 😋

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Count me in, sounds like fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭DvB

As someone who takes quick snaps all year round when I see random Christmas stuff I'm up for this.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Quick reminder that with tomorrow being February (& Spring) this kicks off in earnest...

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The Challenge is now live!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

🥳🥳🥳🕵🏻‍♀️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Damn it, passed a house this morning with a big wreath up between the ground and first floor of the house. I was driving to work and didn't have time to pull into the estate so didn't get a pic. Might have to go home that way this evening 😂

SuperValu today

• Advertisement

ooooh.... is that a Winter or Christmas related item mmmmmm haha

Yeah, think it needs to be Christmas related really, winter isn't specific enough I'd have thought.

While it was a good effort.... nul points....

Sideways but two houses on today's walk!

Leaderboard updated your above.

Only points for one house? They were two different houses, out of the hundreds I walked past today. Doing a charity fundraiser walk for the month, took a new route today

Apologies I thought it was the same house. I’ll allow it. 10 points to gryffindor!

I would hope any self respecting Christmas lover would not mix cool white and warm white lights 😂

Tough crowd 😄

• Advertisement

Lidl this morning.

Good find there @TRS30

Agreed. 10 POINTS.

Good start only 4 days in and leaderboard kicking off.

Got a couple of strange looks when taking them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Christmas trees for sale, Killester. 🎄

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Christmas coke, SuperValu. 🙂

Posy has entered the arena. Excellent work 10 points

• Advertisement

Strong start with 4 people so far raking up 10points each.

February is prob best chance to rack up points compared to rest of Mar-Aug.

Advertisement