Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

biased and heavy handed moderation - coronavirus-covid-19 forum

Options
  • 20-01-2022 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭

I want to raise an issue of biased and heavy handed moderation by mod BEASTY in the coronavirus-covid-19 forum in particular the Relaxation of restrictions thread.

I had been warned before over a choice of words regarding the covid10 vaccine - I said it changed your body but pointed out I didn't know if that was positive or negative. I received a message warning me on vaccine misinformation - i let it go . I didn't need a row and it wasn't worth the effort tbh.

However I posted a subsequent post (quoted) which BEASTY deleted and further warned me

In a few years - the current denial of "It's a coincidence and you can't link it to the vaccine " will be be swept away by late to the party evidence that for some the vaccines caused health issues and the official line will be a mix of "Shure it was a pandemic - bad things happened " and "Wasn't it voluntary , nobody made you take it"

I think both the deletion and warning are out of order - I don't know why he has an issue with the post bar he has a dislike of people with different opinions.

I think my prediction of the future is fair comment and also my other posts have been pro vaccine in terms of people who wish to take it should. That is should be a choice . Hardly anti vaccine - 5G rabble rousing ?

yet I'm met with a deleted post, a warning and a terse message "Conspiracy theory nonsense" .

What for open (or partially open at least) debate?

Thanks

We have tried over PM to resolve but it seems speculation on what people "may" do/say in the future is banned which I think is wrong and against the spirit of discussion on the forum.

Apologies - I originally posted in the wrong forum and nobody replied (bar beasty :)

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The DRP deals with pointed warnings and forum bans

Neither were applied here. Help Desk is the correct place

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement