Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooley Park, Dundalk (another living in Dundalk thread, sorry!)

Options
  • 20-01-2022 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi everyone,

I am interested in moving to Dundalk (and buying a property there). I have a daughter who is going to attend the Dundalk Grammar School soon, so we will be there until she finishes primary school (at least 10 years lol).

I have been to Dundalk many, many times, and it was more than Ok for me (It is not Galway but Ireland is small and with a car, you can go everywhere at the weekend). But I read bad things about Dundalk, sometimes; so people who know/live/have lived in the area, what do you think of Cooley Park, please? Is it OK for a young family? Moving too far away from Dublin didn't work for us (but we don't want to be in Dublin city centre anymore) and we just need schools, leisure and sports facilities (swimming pools), shops, the sea (Blackrock) and good neighbours.

Of course, we will spend some time there before buying but it is always nice (and helpful) to hear what people think.

Also, I work 100% from home so I am flexible.

Thanks a million :)

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Cooley Park(and Dundalk in general) is really good on any scale. Fine for a family(Seems to be all families in the estate these days) and handy/super close to all the amenities you mention. I'd be confident that you'd like the area. Now i cant be sure but i believe Cooley Park when built was social housing(i could be wrong,may have been a social/private mix) and it had it's problems down through the years but it seems now to be a very settled and mature estate these days and all the anti-social behaviour in that area long,long past. Well constructed and solid houses inside and out too.

Good luck and happy house hunting.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭event

Until recently I lived in St Gerards Square, just around the corner. It was lovely but at night you regularly had wings and junkies on the green at the bottle bank, so not far away.

And a new social housing apartment complex has just opened around the corner too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 idamac

Thanks for your responses ☺️

Advertisement