Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any ideas on words/terms/labels to search for?

Options
  • 20-01-2022 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

I have autism. It works quite well with me and i cope pretty well.

I want to see if people know of a concept or labels i can use to learn something. I currently cant find good information on similar experiences.

When i exercise, which i do several times a week, Rock climbing. For 1-2 days after it, this feeling and experience occurs that i want to learn about. It is like overstimulation. Its like noise everywhere in my body. It starts about 12-16 hours after exercise. Lasts about 48 hours. The first 24 hours feel like regular exercise pain/recovery, the last 24 hours feel much more weird. This is the part im most interested in. Its like loud noise every where in my muscle groups. Its like cold in the muscles but im not cold. It feels like too much information from each muscle as its stitching itself back together or something.

All autism related information about overstimulation i find, always talks about using exercise to reduce it. Im trying to find the opposite. What exactly might be happening, and what coping strategies people are using? I found increase temperature to high levels with an electric blanket and water bottle helps, also high levels of crushing pressure like having a bag of potatoes on me.

I weigh 62kg, exercise 3 times a week, eat 100g+ protein each day so i think im in balanced levels. Sleep is fine and emotional life/work life is good.

Comments

Advertisement