Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Shootout 2022 20th - 24th January

Options

Comments

He didn't panic near business end... took his time playing safe, even with < 2 minutes left, and coolly waited for a chance to claw back the 8 or so points... Paramount to keep your head in this..

And the 1st winner of the 'BBS' in the comp this year goes to battle here in the Yuan/Young match.. That was a great celebration by Yuan when he beat Ford in the 'Blue Ball Shootout'... nice 'push' by Ford too iirc 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 29,371 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Oh ffs 😡

That audience should be taken out and shot. With Lei given first go at it.

I'm amazed at the commentators defending "the atmosphere ".

When there's an actual material effect on your career, I can see why players would be less than impressed. I wonder have any of them complained about it?

Mann up next.... he'll just send the crowd over the edge altogether if last night was anything to go by!

Can't see anymore of these type comps 'going forward' , in the snooker calendar... gives snooker a bad image imo... once a year is plenty 😃.. not much point complaining I'd imagine.. only have the crowd after them the next time/next year, as surely 1 or 2 of the fans would actually remember a certain player complaining, and they'd end up getting more stick.. Unless someone's getting obvious personal abuse; there's not really much scope for the ref to intervene in the 'revelry' imho.. 😃

• Advertisement

Apart from anything else, imagine being in the venue and stuck physically near that gang shrieking and hollering, and your woman screaming 🙉🙉

😁

Come on Michelin Man!!

I see the ref waited for the white to come to a complete stop at the end of last frame, before he give it to Mitchell 'ball in hand' .. don't do it in lag... Great last pink by Mitchell there.. certainly didn't drop it in..

The lag (never heard of that before this weekend!) doesn't have any effect on the game itself, though. White keeping rolling runs down the clock on the opponent.

Presume if you're rushing for points at the end of a game, you have to let all balls come to a halt before your next strike for the same reason?

• Advertisement

Mon Dave!

'Mon Ken!!

(Used to play with my brother, I used to deliver papers to his Mammy 🤣)

He had his chance alright.. one pot too far alas and Ken's craftiness so crafty, that that mid twenty points points lead, looked like a 45 point lead..

Think BJ Castle looks a lot like the Fermanagh? Dartist Brendan Dolan, so will wish Billy Joe best of luck here....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

But isn't this the general direction Jack, Judd and Neil want to bring the game.

I'm a traditionalist I see a place for enjoying this, and the scene at Ally Pally last week, but then when you have your fill of all the boozyness, that's when I want to see the Crucible left exactly as it is.

I wouldn't mind the whooping and hollering (so much) if it was even vaguely related to what's going on on the table.

But it sounds like a gang of blotto lager louts and their bits on the side who think they're the wittiest people on the planet, and wouldn't know a snooker ball if it hit them in the head (one can only wish).

I've no time for that at the best of times, never mind a snooker game 🙄. It's just painful.

Come on Leo!

HOW did that red not drop in??????

Leo shouldn't have been playing that red

Different comps - different tables (manys the other table where that red would be going in 95%+ of the time)... were ya not listening to the commentary? "The...Pockets....Are....Very-Un-For-Giv-Ing ! " 😋

• Advertisement

Wonder is there a 'buzzer beater' type situation in operation, on fouls.. If Holty had eg planted the reds onto, and potted the black, but the black dropped 'after the buzzer' went, would that count as a foul... not that he would have, but if he was clockwatching and done it for the craic; knowing the game would have ticked down to zero, with balls still moving etc but yet to drop into any pocket...

I'd expect that the shot in progress when time runs out would count. Even if the balls hadn't come to a rest as the clock struck zero.

Can't hear through all the drunken yobbery 🤣

Ooof, how unlucky was that red to middle!!!

Right, have to miss the last two, hope I don't miss anything too exciting!!

Looking forward to tomorrow 😃

It's worth taking a second more on a shot like that black to middle and make sure it'll drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

Aaron Hill v Mark Williams tomorrow :)

Ken had that but didn't close it out.

Only Mark Williams and Mark Allen left out of the big guns. Could be a big night for somebody with that 50 grand. Looking forward to last 16, quarters, semis and final.

• Advertisement

Speed-playing through this afternoon's session..... how on earth did Ken manage to lose that??? 🙄

Advertisement