Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hybrid Irons

Options
  • 20-01-2022 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi All,

Does anyone use a full set of hybrid irons have been looking a few sets I have never been able to use my 4 - 6 irons properly just never felt comfortable so have Driver, 3 wood, 5 wood and 2 rescue club/hybrids and use them a lot.

Looking at these sort of clubs though and before splashing the cash was wondering if anyone was already using them and did they make a difference.

Cleavland launcher irons

Wilson Launchpad

Cobra T rails

anyone any advice greatly appreciated

Thanks in Advance

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭blue note

They're incredibly ugly. But they might be brilliant.

I wouldn't be able to get past the level of ugly though.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭miltonkrest

i play the cleveland hb turbo irons plus a cleveland l22 hybrid. i'm a casual, social player and these clubs are perfect for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

+1 on the ugliness but that is just me!

However I don't carry a 4 iron either though, I use Ping i500 irons from PW to 5 and then I have Callaway Rogue's in 4h and 3h.

would an option be maybe to get 3 decent hybrids from from maybe 5h to 3h and then have a nice looking set of forgiving irons from 6 iron upwards?

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭higster

I have driver, ping g425 5 & 9 wood (which I like), ping g410 5/6 equivalent hybrids (which I love), then ping g irons. Set up works for me, could not hit 5/4/3 irons for love or money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Boom Boom2

Thanks guys for all the comments

I did think they looked a little unconventional maybe that mixed setup is what I'm after as I can hit the 7 - PW fine

I didn't know you could get a 9 wood

food for thought and afternoon of research ahead of me

thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

Yes I think a mixed set would be better. If you are noting having issues with 7-PW then I wouldn't change them.

Mcguirks are selling off a lot of their demo clubs online currently so you may get a good deal on some hybrids.

Advertisement