Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Motorbike licence expired after 5 months

Options
  • 21-01-2022 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hey,

I had a car learner permit since 21.1.20. I recently got my Bike Lerner Permit 03.07.21 which was added to my car licence.

I went onto NDLS to renew my car licence a moment ago, but noticed my bike licence is also expired 20.1.22. This means my provisional bike licence was only valid for six months?! Am I unable to drive my bike now? It should be valid till July 2023!

Any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭1874

Look up the RSA(edit adding NDLS to this too) and see what they say about learner permits, I came here to reply because I thought you didnt renew a full licence, which it used to be possible to renew up to 10 years after your last licence. Yours is a learner permit, if Im correct they are called that now, so different story, look up RSA/NDLS website and then armed with information you find ring them if need be or on how to renew your licence, get some contact with them and get the ball rolling on how to sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

You added the bike learner permit to your existing car learner permit. that doesn't extend the date of your learner permit. What does it say in 4b on the front of your learner permit? what dates are against the two categories on the back of the learner permit?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,987 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I had a CE learners permit and after I'd passed that test I transferred the remainder of the permit to a D. When I passed the tests in C, CE, D and A they all expired the same time as my B licence, but the issue date is different which is why I got grandfather rights to the CE CPC but not D as I passed that later. The only time a licence or permit will get a new expiry date is if you make a change it IIRC in the last 3 months of it's validity.

Advertisement