Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saturday 22nd January 2022

• 21-01-2022 2:46pm

Start this early while I'm in the mood 😁

Some good horses out tomorrow. Have the clash of Shishkin and Energumene at Ascot.. 4 go to post there, and I have a few pennies ew invested on the top one, Dan Skelton's Amoola Gold, from Wednesday, @ 66s.. Will hopefully get paid on two places; - as was 'Antepost' bet, and five were in the mix at that stage (Paul Nicholls' horse didn't end up in final decs) - if Amoola Gold somehow manages second!

Also, a very good horse in shape of Nicky and JP's Jonbon in the 'Supreme' trial in the second at Haydock..

Have a tentative pick in the first at the Lancs track..

12.50 Haydock CLONDAW CAITLIN win

Papa Tango Charly from the Jonjo stable looks the one here with the least to prove; and appears to be the deserving fav, and indeed the one to beat here. Will take a chance on Ruth Jefferson's mare on her 4th chase start. She didn't disgrace herself lto, when coming 4th over a similar trip at Warwick. That was on soft, and I feel she might have a bit more to show on tomorrow's heavy going; as was the case when she won a good hurdles' race at Kelso on that going, which was 2yrs ago. Hard to know what price she should be; but the one book that has it priced up sees Willy Hill's go 14s... I think 7s or bigger make her worth a win bet here, on ground she likes, and carrying a low weight. Only 6 go to post, so 2 ew places on offer, but looks a win or come nowhere proposition to me however, at a hopefully friendly price.

Gluck 😊

Comments

Also, Tiger Roll is out again tomorrow in the 'Navan Handicap Hurdle' at 1.40.. !!

A legend and 2 time GN winner.. Very remiss of me not to give him a mention 😑, but I do put the Irish meetings on the back burner as far as giving them a look goes, because they be too hard to solve generally 😆

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭j@utis

I'm early on Umm Hurair in 3:40 Lingers tomorrow. She milled her opposition into the ground last month 3 times in the row and might have even more to offer. 7/2 with PP.

3/1 with oddschecker is her best price, and Paddy going 5/2.. Ya musta been in very early there 😋

I think Alba Rose is competitively priced @ 14/1 gen as an each way alternative in that race, with many books likely going 4 places...

Called into the Credit Union this afternoon while out on me messages.

Jon Bon (Haydock 13.25) & Shishkin (Ascot 15.35) @2.45

😂 lol - very good... So ya think they've both got reasonable chances then H2DPB ! Best of luck with them 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Cracking Clarence House

Perfect result for Champion Chase. Shishkin never looked likely until maybe 100yds out... Enurgumene done nowt wrong, but the best horse won..

No joy at Lingers 😪

6.00 Wolverhampton BIRKIE GIRL 12s Boyles/Lads win VAXHOLM 3/1 Boyles/Lads win...

None of these have concrete claims. Most, or a lot of these are running 2/2+ furlongs than they've tackled before, so it's a guessing game really, and very hard to have a strong opinion on the outcome. The fav Vaxholm looks the most likely winner; in a race where none of them are really guaranteed to stay the 1m. 4f. trip. Birkie Girl is yet to win in ten runs, and is only a speculative pick. Bit short for an each way given her profile, so maybe a €1.50 win on her for an interest..

Vaxholm won lto over shorter, and has drifted massively, but couldn't have done more than won lto over 10fs at Lingfield. Is the value one for sure here imo. Maybe €2 win on this one...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭munster87

I have Birkie Girl in my tracker from 2 runs back with the comment 'chance with better jockey'. Luckily missed it's last outing but have backed this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭standardg60

Bass Strait for me, very few here looking suited to the step up in trip

1st 3 bottom weights, don't see that too often.

Bass Strait breaks best and gets immediately restrained to the rear, this game does your head in sometimes

Birkie Girl a game second, from trying to make all. Didn't get home in front so no joy there. A lot of well supported ones didn't get into this at all.. 16/1 winner of that 6.00, All About Alice, very very hard to find - no form in any of her first three (non-handicap) races, at up to an extended 8fs at Wolverhampton,.. WD anyone who managed to find her 😊

The slowish pace didn't really help the jolly (Vaxholm - stablemate of Birkie Girl) who was keen, the 8yr old gelding, throughout..

Apparently the great Hugh Taylor had that one picked.. haven't heard much about/from him in recent months.. usually he gets several mentions a week on these programmes.

Like to take on a short priced fav but there are zero angles here.

Will be doing the forecast with Gerrots at a price

Another favourite who should have too much speed for the rest.

Chancing two tricasts, 4,3 and 8 and 4,8 and 3

Can't believe the price of First Verse here, decent bet had at fives

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

7.30 Wolverhampton, brazen arrow, around 7/2. I think this will win. 7/2 is a great price. I've backed this at bigger odds and now again at 7/2.

Good luck with First Verse..

No bet, but Deconso maybe worth 50c ew here @ ~ 18s..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

Final small bet here.

8.0 Wolverhampton, seeking perfection, 11/4. I think this will win a very bad race. On the drift but I'm not concerned as they are backing the fav in the race. Ran a good 5th at Wolverhampton couple runs ago and seemed to blow up. New stable and if tuned should win here.

• Advertisement

That Seeking Perfection wouldn't jump off the page as a likely fav/strong 2nd fav, going on the form shown..

No opinion on that race myself.

Wd in the previous race, no joy for me.

Have had a good bet on Axel Jacklin in the lucky last, penalty kick for me.

Knockabout Queen would be my pick, for shrapnel only,,

As the saying goes, should have had more on, but as usual previous bets shorten the cough

It happens.. When confidence, and coin, are in short supply; manys the strongly fancied one in the 'Get Out Stakes' is massively underbet by a punter, who'd surely have usually had more on... them's the breaks 😋 Still a winner tho !

Very true, in fairness i had a bit on at 9/4. I know it's dreadful aftertiming but i had a few quid e/w on Jerrash in the last at Ascot as i was confident he'd manage third, so luckily i was playing with the bookies funds rather than my own

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭j@utis

She started clear favorite 15/8 at the end but failed to deliver, finishing 4th. I think she might've been closer if positioned a bit better - raced wide throughout but you never know, stays in the notebook regardless.

Advertisement