Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hotpoint Dishwasher Fault

• 21-01-2022 3:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭

I have a Hotpoint FDL570 dishwasher when it starts to fill after after about a minute it drains and then these flashing lights come on and then stoppeds any one know what the flashing lights indicate (see photo.

)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭CitizenFloor

This is the manual for that model I think. What you are describing does not appear to be listed though. Unless the hose is bent?

https://www.manualshelf.com/manual/hotpoint/fdl570/dishwasher-user-manual/page-15.html

It might be related to the 8th problem on that page.

Or the 9th or 10th, after reading further. All flashing lights.

I have a hotpoint dishwasher and the flashing lights fault I had wasn’t in the manual. Exact same issue as you.

It could be a build up of limescale. Turn dishwasher off at plug, take the filter out completely and put your hand in. Feel around to see if there’s a build up of limescale and see if it crumbles away in your hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Thanks for reply's, pulled dishwasher out, no kinks, seems to be getting water and draining, only seems to be on a minute fills then drains then lights flash, do you mean the filter in the dishwasher ,this seems to be clear?

• Advertisement

Yep the one inside. Take it out and the plate filter and put your hand inside the hole. Feel around the entire area especially where it drains away. That’s where I found a big build up of limescale and once cleared the dishwasher worked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭zg3409

Check all filters. For example there is typically a filter at the end of the inlet hose, where it joins to the machine, there are filters in the machine that a user can clean. They are typically for the drain, which may be clogged with food or broken bits of dishes. If it's more than that it's probably not worth getting fixed if it is a few years old.

Check all the moving parts can move, and door is closing and staying closed.

Checked filter removed panel seems clear, cant see anything obvious, must be over 10 years old now, time to look for a new one i think.

It was worth a try. I was ready to give up on mine too but just had a rummage around that area. I could have used an old toothbrush to check further along now that I think of it.

Looked at it again this time i took out the Pressure switch, which is the code for 1 and 3 flashing, blew though pipe didn't appear to be blocked, disconnected it took out unit seemed fine put it back and turned on again this time after a hour no flashing lights seems to be washing, but then after a hour it stopped with start/pause button flashing code apparently is E4 Heating phase timed out, i think its washing, water getting hot, but not drying, annoying thought it was fixed but it just decided to fine another fault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

Reading through your issues with flashing lights its not that easy to sort over the web but it might worth tilting the machine on its side as there may be a leak tripping the aqua sensor, if it works after tilting for a while but the fault reappears then you have a leak

Had on its side several times with both side panels off didn't see a leak, annoying now its coming up with different fault after taking out the pressure switch which was the code for first fault.

Advertisement