Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dealer fed up (Facebook video link)

Options
  • 22-01-2022 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

It seems that even longtime dealers are at a loss regards firearms rules and how they are applied to people.Dont know anything about the person or the shop,but I have bought ammo and other stuff online from them and they were fine.He does seem a bit fed up with the way the licencing laws are being interpreted,how they make money selling firearms is a mystery.

Don't know if Facebook videos are allowed so feel free to delete if necessary.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Jeez, as a dealer you would want to have the basics of the law on the products you are selling...Does no one have a look at the legislation once in a while? Lads being left 6 months, when it states that if you hear nothing after 3months you are considered refused? And what to do then? I mean lads, it's basic common knowledge and we have big boards sticky on this whole subject too. Do any of them ever look at this site?

Post edited by Grizzly 45 on

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭JP22

Nothing new here chaps, we live in Ireland, Irish laws for an Irish problem, problem solved, yeah me arse….

Not being a smart arse or such like but easy answer to this.

Years and years and years of

Incompetent Governments, Incompetent politicians, Incompetent government Departments and Officials, etc……

Basically people in high paid jobs, jobs they are not qualified to do.

Plus

Reams and reams of Legislation and Regulations, most of it if not all is antiquated and amended multiple times over the years; basically most laws/regs here are not fit for purpose in a modern society.

A quasi legal document/SOP aka “The Garda Commissioner's Guidelines as to the Practical Application and Operation of the Firearms Acts”.

Great document overall BUT it’s too loosely written and favours the issuing authority. It allows issuing Super’s too much discretion and especially to those who don’t like firearms (and there are many) and it gives them easy reasons to delay an application or not to grant a license.

I could go on and on ad-nauseam but its the weekend…… you know the score yourself, Irish Laws & Regs are basically FUBAR.

Just my two cent worth.

Advertisement