Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Country is full of Money

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

"Soon enough people will see..."

Young generations can't see further than screens of their mobiles. They live and believe only things they are fed by mobile corporations, and corporations have a big appetite for all money you were talking about. It is like modern colonialism with phones instead of chains and copo-moguls instead of cotton plantation owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭farmingquestion

Can someone explain or try to give reasoning as to why it's so hard to get a tradesman now?

Like, I don't remember it being as bad back in 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,947 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

There a less tradespeople and a bigger population. In millions…

4.70 - April 2018

5.06 - November 2022

306,000 growth in 4 and a half years.

my folks were waiting from getting a price, to getting the work done 8 months to get garden redesigned and workmen on site… brilliant job, some wait though.

folks needed a new boiler for the central heating, no heating, meant to be there in August, October, no sign of them…. Turns up start of this month.. we are ‘out the door’…they were told.

more demand = more wait

same in the US, same in Australia….tradespeople shortages described as chronic.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭drivingmissdaisy

I'm a bus driver

I see the public every day

They have bags of shopping, from Pennys to Brown Thomas

Many, many have a €5 Starbucks in hand as they board the bus

The weekends are full of drunks on board

Not only drunk but visibly WIRED to the MOON on drugs. Cocaine?

The recession IS coming but it has not hit yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Queues of cars out the gate of shoppers every weekend in limerick shopping centres, smyths is a nightmare....

Cost of living crisis?.....Where?

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,340 ✭✭✭Tow

Where... On the radio, compliments of RTE who are talking the country into a recession.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,600 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Have you heard about housing waiting lists at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭StevenToast

They dont have covid, ukraine war is dragging on....they need something to fill the gap....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

You've nailed it to the tee.

Ask anyone who bought a house in the 90's or before and they will tell you the sacrifices they made and most of them are mortgage free now and can appreciate finer things.

I'm one of those that experienced 13% mortgage rates (for about a year), and it was hard.

I do see some people I work with cutting way back and getting the house they want, but others live month to month and spend everything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,730 ✭✭✭✭L1011

This thread never made sense in this forum and has now turned in to an AH thread, if even.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement