Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Monday 24th January 2022

• 23-01-2022 8:15pm

1.00 Southwell RED WALLS 11/1 Boyle/Lads ew

Looks an open race this. A few of the horses here are out of form, but they have also won off higher marks and in higher grades than this basement level Class 6, barely 5f. Handicap.

Red Walls is a winner from as recently as November. A few poor runs recently, as mentioned above, the latest of which was over C & D at the end of last month. That was in a Class 4, and the race was ran in a fast time. Might not be as hectic tomorrow, which could help the 4yr old stay in contention for longer. 365 are best price and go 14s. Worth a little each way at 9s or bigger, for an interest.

Good news I think is that it appears that the top two in betting are vulnerable in this. Kath's Toyboy, the 2nd favourite, has only won once, and that was over a slightly extended 5fs at Brighton. He is a horse that races over a variety of trips from between five and seven furlongs. One that might be worth a win bet at 9/2 or bigger, as he has gone close in a couple of 5f races in Class 5s; but currently a general 9/4 shot, and best priced at 3/1, he looks way too short to be of interest.

The fav Swiss Connection deserves his position at the top of the market, as he has been running well as of late over 5fs at Newcastle. The surface there is similar to Southwell, but the track is an unknown. Looks to be plenty of pace on, and I think that Swiss Connection may be outpaced/caught in behind some of the other contenders here. Is a best priced 10/11 shot, but looks closer to an 11/8 one. I'd have him as a lay bet at up to 6/5 in this.

With the fav and second favourite at ~ 10/11 & 3/1 best prices respectively, and Cool Spirit a distant third favourite @ a best priced 12/1, this should be an interesting betting heat anyway. Cool Spirit is as low as 10s, but with the makeup of this race, and the two jollys not looking anything special, I think something in the pack could go off at 5s or so, but which one/s that will be, I do not know...

😊 Gluck all

Comments

5.00 Wolverhampton

2 picks here

STORM ASSET 4/1 gen win NB

Came 2nd over the distance to a runaway winner at Newcastle 2 runs back. Won well over the same 7f trip lto at Lingfield. Should appreciate the surface here. Looks about a 2/1 shot to me.

Sandie's dream is the 7/2 fav, and that looks a fair price; but she is a little frustrating, and tends to suffer from bad luck. Not to hard to draw a line through her, but could go well with Hollie on board. I have a feeling that this 7f trip at the course may not play to her strengths though.

SURREY TERRITORIES 9/2 Boyles/Lads win NAP

This 3yr old has gotten his act together in his last two runs. He came 2nd at the trip lto at Lingfield, which was his best run to date. Appears to be versatile as to how he is ridden, and now that he's got the hang of the game, he could be well handicapped here.. Definitely looks open to improvement... Can see him going off at 3/1 or so..

A Nap and a NB in the same race.. That's how I do! 😂 Both, to me, appear to have excellent chances, and the rest of the field aren't much to be concerned about imo.. So they deserve to be the bet and 2nd best bet of the day!!

Will give a 'favourable mention' to Isobel Moore ~10/1, who ran well lto in her first run in a handicap. Stepped up in trip, has claims from her recent 4th over 6fs at Kempton; she's not one to be dismissed lightly, I feel, but will keep a watching brief regardless.

Isobel Moore in the 17.00 at Wolves - 10/1

Hopefully the move up to 7f does the trick.

Good luck with your pick, and well done on that treble 2day H2DPB 😊

8.00 Wolverhampton

AL GAIYA 7/1 PP/Lads/Boyles ew

Four or five in this with right good chances. Selection came 2nd lto over the 1m. 4f. trip at Southwell, and, in her previous run she was staying on well over ~2f shorter on tomorrow's course. Has the form to be involved, at least, and looks more of a 9/2 shot than a 7/1 poke..

4.30 Wolves ESSGEE NICS 9/2 gen ew

Is a C & D winner. Came a good enough third lto over a likely inadequate 8f, in albeit a very poor race, at Chelmsford. That run at least shows that the 9yr old is in good heart. Born To Sire would have big claims on his 8th over C & D two runs back, when beaten just over a half a length. Would be worth a small win at 10/3 or bigger, but, at a 13/8 general, and best priced 7/4, there's no way I can be having him at his current price.

Longshot Pick

4.20 Kempton DOYOUKNOWMYUNCLES 40/1 PP/Lads/Boyles ew

A Micky Mouse race this. The top three in the betting - Reset Button, Blazer Two, and Eltham Palace - , all @ 9/4 or so, are all much of a muchness; with none of them standing out, and all looking very shortpriced.

Selection is bottom of the handicap... she's only had five runs and is trained by one of the lesser trainers; but, on the positive side, there are reasons to be hopeful. On her first run at the 1m. 4f. trip, when coming a moderate 6th of 8th lto at Lingfield, it showed that the trip should be okay.. Race was ran in a slow time tbf, but with a bit of hoped for improvement on her 2nd go over the mile and a half, it may well see her look better than the 66/1 she's currently best priced with by bet 365.. likely be 4 places available here too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

1.0 Southwell, Swiss connection, around 10/11. I'm currently backing this to win. My best of the day. Not a great horse or race, but seems once this horse hits form you have to make hay. 2nd lto and they will be eager to win while the horse is running well and in form. Should win handily here.

2.0 Southwell, Fernando rah, around 6/4 and drifting. I'm backing to win. In my opinion this should be even money. Confident win bet.

Just the 2 bets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭j@utis

No bet for me in this race but I'll be watching it with interest, I'm not convinced about any of them chances, fav in form and that's about it. Red Walls is now as short as 11/2.

Red Walls is now as short as 11/2.

And wins! 😁 Saw nowt like 11/1 in shop this morn tho 😴😄

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

Ta I Leffe I followed you again this time 10e/w on redwalls at 13/2 this morning

Damn! I'm kicking myself now! Well done, anyways!

• Advertisement

WD Potto!! WD 😁 A good start is half t'battle... we's off tee a flyer mate 👍️ The sun is shining too.. 13.14 and all's well!!

Cheers j@utis 😋 Pity the price contracted; else you'd a been on 😋 Same as Potto, a miserly looking (at the time) 13/2 is about the height of it... backed it at less than the 'advised' 9/1 in OP... no future in that 😂

14:15 Kempton, Al Suil Eile won here over CD last year of higher mark, PP is paying 4 places in this one, I'm on.

18:30 Wolves, White Willow has two solid runs in her bag and she might use that experience to get her nose in front this time, 3/1.

14:30 Southwell, another can of worms, so many with ??? but look Susie Javea had a ball here last winter, winning 4 times over 8f but will she stay those extra 3? I'm only watching this one.

No luck in 14:15 race.

Hopeful/Speculative tip time 😋

3.30 Southwell NOZIERES 80/1 Ladcrooks ew

Been trying to make a case for this, as yet to win selection, in her last 3 or 4 races.. musta been summit I saw before that give me hope.. is still pretty speculative, but surely worth 50c ew anyway, for a tiny interest, as has drifted oot tee a massive price!.. If I wasn't too lazy, i'd be down shoppe and have a massive 150c ew on this daughter of Mayson 😂😛😆

Of the ones in top half of betting; I'm not really liking any of them, on account of not having won over this 7f trip. One who could go well, and is another drifter, is the topweight SOVEREIGN MOON 13/2 PP, who is too big to overlook on the back of her lto C & D win, and worth a € or €2 win bet imo..

total outlay recommended = no more than €3, as "betting can add a little excitement... etc etc" 😋 no point going o'erboard, or 'oarboard' in olde money.. 😛

besta luck ☺️

Have you gone mad! Gonzaga has a strong case of finishing 2nd, he's kinda master of coming one short, 40/1, almost certain 2nd, telling ya.

I'm on this with you, @7/1 it's easy to back ew.

😁 "gone mad" !!

I stand over them picks at the prices, so I does 😆 ... Sovereign Moon looks good enough to win on form/ Nozieres deffo worth pennies ew at price available ... price is paramount something to take into consideration when the form is lacking.. Now, if I'd a had a put her up at 25s or so, then I might half consider hanging me head

Gonzaga a good spot in fairness.. A good 2nd at Dunstall Park a few runs back... layoff not really a concern given the generous looking price 😊

Fare thee selection/s well joutis !

No joy for either of us there.. bloody favourites! - two of them in top three... it's not right I tell thee 😣

• Advertisement

ah sure, it's only some harmless fun. I'm not here to make money that's for sure. I'm in brainless job for living, going through race cards gets my cogs turning, I get an odd winner, and I'm happy with that.

Matt Chapman a legend 😁 !! On about 'gingerbread' and 'Germany' ... fair play to him ... "all our holidays were in Germany",, 😃

Ya need some boredom alleviation alright.. few bets is grand alright, but money will be made (so long as discipline is maintained 😊) , I can feel it.. 2022 gon be good good year yass it iz 😋 !

No joy in 4.20 Kem or 4.30 Wolverhampton ☹️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,993 ✭✭✭standardg60

The 1/2 in her last race finished in the same order again today, so the form is good.

20/1 now which is off putting put worth a couple of quid each way

Gotta go with the fav in the 5.30

Get in....just!

Really liking Kennet in the next with Rab Havlin back on board

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

No use with 2 earlier bets, however, I'm after getting a nice bit of info.

6.0 Wolverhampton, essencial, around 7/4. Win bet with max stakes for me. Horse is apparently beating a lot of decent types on the gallops. Win bet

• Advertisement

Fanning was turning up for a reason

With Sous Les Etoiles here, ran against boys last run and is bound to be suited by the step up in trip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

You should get some help for all the nonsense you post.

WD. Another second for me.

Dashing to you sneaks in here off 62 and should have too many gears for the rest. Will have a small reverse forecast with Art Expert with Kingscote on board

While Willow stuffs hot favorite by 2lengths and saves my day @9/2.

Calonne for me in the next

• Advertisement

And finally the lucky last

Avarice looks like a bit of a plot here dropping into this company for the first time. Kingscote booked, he must be here for something.

Yeah, I was looking at that too, Avarice price has shrunk by half since opening with no obvious form. Al Gaiya went close last time, but no bet for me, enough for today.

ETA: I should be on County Wicklow in that one because I live co. wicklow 🤣

A good start yesterday but all downhill after Red Walls in 1 o'c...

Advertisement