Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pond care

Options
  • 24-01-2022 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Hi all, i have a large pond (approx 3m wide, 5.5m long and 1m deep). There is a small leak in it and as a result the water level drops slowly over time. We are looking for someone who is able to not only drain and maybe seal the pond but also someone who can clean it out, change filters, the uv light etc. We inherited it when we bought the house and want to start from scratch with it to give it a good going over.

Does anyone have any experience in people who do this?

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 MuttonDagger

I've had a few ponds over the years,

Currently planning my 4th.

Repairing the liner is easy but you need to figure out if the liner is PVC or EDPM rubber.

can you post a picture of your filter system ? UV bulbs can be bought easily and filters just need a washing down but you don't want to kill the good bacteria in them .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

Sorry i meant to add the pond is actually made out of concrete! theres no PVC or anything like that. I can send a photo on the weekend when im home and its bright. Not overly concerned about the uv light etc as that is easy to change but more of the cleaning of the pond and the sealing up so it doesnt leak!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 MuttonDagger

Ah,

I've never had a concrete one!

If i did thought I'd find the crack (should be at water level). rake it out a bit and fill it with tec7.

Any pictures of your pond ?!

Advertisement