Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying from ebay.com

Options
  • 24-01-2022 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭

Does anyone have experience buying from ebay in US? anything that I should be aware of that I may be missing?

Came across this, US version of the SKX007, have to say I prefer the look of this version,AFAIK only difference is the indices, second hand and country of manufacture

Any opinions from Seiko experts out there also appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I've bought from ebay.com and from American sellers with no issues. Just make sure they'll actually post to Ireland. A lot of American sellers are US only(even if they're down as 'worldwide') and are rarely for budging. Take import taxes and duties into account too. There was a time where stuff would get through more often that it wouldn't but that time is long gone.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Ditto for me. Have bought a fair few times from the US. The import duty and fees was always my biggest gripe with the global shipping program for a relatively cheap watch you should be ok.

This watch seems ok but I would want a look at the insides of it.

The seller seems to have a good reputation. I wonder if they are a pawnbroker though!

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭covey123

Yeah,the name is definitely giving something away! I've asked seller about condition of watch and accuracy so will see what if any response comes back on that

Advertisement