Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Front Door Canopy

Options
  • 24-01-2022 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi

I am interested in having a front door canopy installed. Just wondering if anyone has had experience of same and how they got on. I have researched the following link, https://www.jlmcomposites.com/apex-door-canopies

Anyone with experience of this work or installion care to advise or comment please

Niall

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jmBuildExt

Just one thing comes to mind andmost probably doesnt affect you, but on the off-chance it does.....

Gas networks don't allow a gas meter under a canopy - presumably in-case you come along later and add walls and the meter ends up in-doors.

Now, im not saying they will demand you move your meter if you put a canopy over it, but if you come to be doing anything with the meter/gas line in the future it may become an issue.

Was adding EWI to a house and the gas meter had to be moved out.... and anywhere under the canopy wasn't allowed. Ended up having to move it down the garden a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 niallniall

Thanks for the advice. I am still interested to know anyone's experience of costs or pricing of a typical canopy installed. I have been walking through various housing estate over the last few weeks and have been observing the canopies on houses and am facinated by the features as they look very impressive and add to the front of a house. Most seem to be simply made and look as if they are pre-made, a basic wooden frame, pvc enclosure and tile coverings.

Advertisement