Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrical/Plumbing forum

Options
  • 25-01-2022 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭

I don't post in these forums very often and I'm not too pushed about them but I do find it a bit odd how protectionist the mods/regulars are in these forums

For example someone posted about the procedure to become qualified - I mentioned it might be possible to get qualified abroad and transfer qualifications to Ireland. Couple of posters agreed with me but mod deleted my post & all the others, contradicted me & quickly locked the thread (https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058227848/becoming-a-qualified-electrican#latest). Are they that afraid someone will start competing with them and ruin their lucrative source of income? Even if said mod turns out to be right, it was very poorly handled

Similar with the plumbing forum, they hate to hear of someone doing a job themselves a clique of regulars backed by the mods are quick to say "don't do that job yourself, get the most expensive blumber you can find" or "that €5k quote you got for a couple days work is actually good value". If they get any hint that you're not a professional they don't really post any useful reply beyond 'go and pay someone to do it for you' . As a result I usually go to other non-boards forums to talk about these topics where the attitude is way different and much more open

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

Advertisement