Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend restaurant/bars for this weekend

• 25-01-2022 3:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys, Myself and husband are heading down to Limerick for the weekend. Now with restrictions being lifted we would like to go somewhere nice for a meal on one night and somewhere for a bit of live music afterwards. Staying in the absolute hotel if that makes a difference. Thanks a mil

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,336 ✭✭✭✭phog

There's a thread on this forum for Restaurants https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055507096/the-definitive-limerick-restaurant-and-takeaway-thread#latest

I'd recommend the French Table (near Clarion Hotel), The Cornstore (Thomas St), Rossi's (around the corner from you), I haven't been to Spitjacks but have heard good things about it. One of my favourite's is Taikichi , a Japanese restaurant on O'Connell St.

As for bars with music, I'll leave that to someone who has been out since lockdown :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

Thank you. I will have a mooch through that thread. Thanks for your recommendations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

Howdy

You can't go wrong with a bite to eat in Rossi's - then in next door to the Locke Bar for pints and music. Both are a very short stroll from the hotel, so handy location-wise. The Locke also does good food, so could be a one stop for the lot. But we (wife and I) frequent Rossi's quite a bit - but we're biased as Ross (co-owner and head chef) is a good friend. As per link above - there's loads of choice of you venture up the town.

Top end of town (O'Connell Street/the Quays) has some trendy bars like 101, House, etc... and then you have the proper "pubs" like Tom Collins', Myles Breens, the various Flannerys, etc... horses for courses as they say.

LOADS to choose from!

Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭timesnewroman

Not restaurants, but the Curragower and House are options worth considering. Good food, and both are along the river with the Curragower offering a great view of the castle.

Advertisement