Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gifts for joint class party

Options
  • 25-01-2022 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

My daughter is having her class party with 3 other kids who share birthdays in January. It’s €5 in an envelope. I’m just wondering do we give gifts to the other kids or not as it’s her party too?? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,650 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Yes, everyone who's going gives everyone whose birthday it is the fiver, even if it's their birthday too.

It's a great idea, imo. My niece did it with three of her classmates and it was gas watching her open her cards. "Mammy, another fiver!" You don't say! The novelty literally didn't wear off, 20-odd cards later. And all the parents involved know exactly what the story is. Four kids' worth of birthdays done for 20 quid, best idea ever.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Yeah, give the other 2 presents.

It's a great way to do it tbh, they love realising they can buy stuff with it!

Advertisement