Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How long would it take to introduce a skip into your walk without your partner noticing

• 26-01-2022 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭

How long would it take.

Over time adding slight adjustments to your walk so when you eventually throw in a little skip your partner doesn't even bat an eye?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,154 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Skipping is a very underrated, and fun, way of getting around. Not sure if I could do it unnoticed though.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,921 ✭✭✭✭looksee

About as unnoticeable as a Greek guardsman's march!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,119 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I adjusted my angle relative to my wife by 0.25 of a degree every day when we went out for our daily walk. It took 720 days, but now I'm walking backwards beside her, and she hasn't noticed at all.

I'd say you could introduce a skip in less than a quarter of that.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

If you synchronise your skipping to her skipping, she will never notice.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

They should be invited to the Attari-Wagah border closing in the evenings.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,002 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Id say she’d notice…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Burt Renaults

This is an interesting (and important) thread. Thank you for starting it. I don't have a partner (yes, ladies, that's right!) but if I did, I'd like to think I could introduce a very subtle skip without her noticing. Maybe I could combine it with a raised eyebrow or putting the emphasis on the wrong syllable when using certain words. This is the kind of thing that makes me not want to be single. With a bit of effort, no relationship should ever get stale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭cbreeze

Depends on if its a mini or a midi skip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,921 ✭✭✭✭looksee

If you are looking for subtle it would have to be a baby skip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I'd never throw a skip into my walk. It would be a waste of the melt-in-yer-mouthiness and lovely prawn cocktail goodness, although it could be an amazing confetti alternative for that little special extra something on your wedding day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭elperello

At first sight I thought I'd skip this thread.

Now I'm sorry I didn't.

One question for the OP - is there a rope involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭magic_murph

No rope just a regular one skip and back to regular walking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

already skip when i walk!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Mines getting quite complex these days, I've implemented a skip which transitions smoothly into a double head bob and finishes with a jazz hands whilst I say "wah hey!" Under my breath. Initially I had to disguise the "wah hey!" Part as a cough but over time I managed to gradually sneak it in there. My jazz hands could be better but they are improving every day now and I have faith that I'll get there eventually.

I think experimentation is the key here and don't feel like you have to limit yourself to just a skip. There will always be the purists who will tell you otherwise but don't let them stunt your creativity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭YellowFeather

After trialing this idea yesterday, I made for about 12 minutes. Good one OP - that was a fun experiment.

Problem is that I have now been challenged to keep this up for another few weeks, and see how long it takes to notice when I stop. In it for the long haul now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,184 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

She might notice

If you want to make sure she won't notice, wear camouflage.

Advertisement