Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Car Hire Bargains?

Options
  • 26-01-2022 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

I'm looking to rent a car in the UK in April for a family holiday over the Easter break. First time renting a car so looking for tips on how to get the best deal and what to look out for.

Plan is to pick up in Luton Airport, drop in Bristol Airport (I know that means it will be a little bit more expensive). Car needs to be able to hold two adults and three children under 10 with luggage. Will be hiring for about 7/8 days.

Anyone aware of any deals through grou schemes etc or know where I can find discount codes?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

try carhiresupermarket or the like. And watch as you change your home the country to Ireland and the price mysteriously goes way up.

Ive also used autoeurope in the past.

Also get seperate car hire excess insurance something like blueinsurance.

Now I havent done any of these things since before the pandemic so I dont even know if those companies survived. But there should be similar out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

As in the name, https://www.carhireexcess.com/ie

I used these before and they were bang on with no hassle and way cheaper.

Thankfully didn't have to claim anything but reviews are good so assume they will be fine paying any claim.

Make sure if you take out other insurance, you take pictures and video the car when you collect and drop it off.

Some car hire companies are known to charge for damage whether exisiting or not if you don't take out their insurance at the desk.

Advertisement