Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank requests proof of redundancy from employer to open personal current account

Options
  • 26-01-2022 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Dear team,

On Jan 20th I visited the Baggot Street branch to request to open a personal current account as due to technical difficulties, the online request would not go through. I was directed to fill in a form in kiosk and presented the copy of passport and proof of address. I advised redundancy payment as the source of funds in the form. I was not asked to provide any proof of the source of funds while I was in the bank.

I called customer service on Jan 25th and I was informed that the status of my account was on “pending” but there were no notes indicating any missing or required document which stopped my request to be processed. The customer service colleague informed me that she will email the bank about the issue and advised to call back the day after for updates.

Today, I called again: the customer service team member put me on hold for 17 minutes, after which informed that I need to provide proof for source of redundancy and that he will connect me to another department-after few minutes the call was dropped.

I called again; this time dialed 01-4044034: the customer service team member informed me that the bank is waiting for a hard copy of proof of redundancy which I should ask my employer to provide. I informed that redundancy payment is shown in the payslip and if that would be enough. He advised that it should be a letter from employer confirming the redundancy payment. I asked about the information the bank requires to see in that letter but he informed that I should visit the branch and ask.  Is there any link to the information required by the bank from the employer I could access and provide to employer? Would you please advise on how to proceed further?

Thank you 

Comments

Advertisement