Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flock Watch

• 26-01-2022 4:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I see Herdwatch have brought out an app targeting sheep flocks. Has anyone looked at it yet?. i have downloaded the free version but cant see much benefit of it without having an eid tag reader

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Tmak11

Their new app hasn't been released yet as far as I know. You probably downloaded their existing offering that doesn't have many sheep features. I believe the new app will be fully EID compatible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Not sure if ive been added to some sort of testing programme but i have this and keep getting messages from them about uploading info. Messaged them back a few questions today so will see if they respond

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Tileman

yea think that’s a testing programme but they are due to launch the new flock app on time for spring .They were into me back in November to be part of of trial. I kept missing them on the phone and eventually gave up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭roosky

i'm using the Sheep Ireland app and its not really any use apart from recording as in you cant see any results there and then.

A good example is when weighing lambs and i enter that the lamb is 40kg, i would like to see what he gained since last weighed so i could decide if he needs a dose etc...or to segregate the poor lambs for meal feeding or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

I use an excel sheet for that but would be hard if switching between 2 different apps or systems

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭razor8

It does show live weight gain in sheep app unless you have some functions disabled

Advertisement