Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying online, which country warranty laws take precedence?

• 26-01-2022 5:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭

If I buy electric goods online e.g. amazon Germany, and they offer shipping to Ireland, which country warranty laws have precedence?

Is it Ireland, Germany or the do the EU laws decide?

I have used the consumer rights tool here and it just brings me in a loop, and unfortunately these pages don't really clarify.

For example, if I purchase something online that ships to Ireland and it breaks outside of the normal warranty (through no fault of mine), is it still covered by Ireland's 6 year warranty, and should they repair/replace/refund or is it only the German or EU warranty that they must abide by?

Post edited by whiterebel on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Contract is where the supply is in almost all situations. So Germany.

It will also almost certainly be in their terms and conditions.

We supply internationally and it is Irish legislation that we get our Italian and German customers to agree to.

Advertisement