Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porting problems

Options
  • 26-01-2022 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

The mother-in-law was on pay as you go, we decided to move her to a contract to save her money.

She had an 085 number from the Meteor days, so we decided to just use Eir as they are 085 now.

The first time trying to port it didn't work, I did this over the phone with one of their techs.

So the next day I rang back, the guy said it failed and we could try again. He said it would take a few hours etc.

---

So, I've 2 sim cards.

1 = Old number

2 = New number

Number 2 sim card, once ported will have the old number.

I have 2 phones and a sim card in each, and none of them work. Both sim cards worked this morning. I could call both of them. But after the call with the tech this evening (about 4:30pm) they both didn't get recognized by the phones, i tried swapping them around rebooting etc. nothing.

I thought this was odd, I know the porting could be starting, but wouldn't the old sim work until the new one was ported.

We just tried to ring each number again just now - 4 and a half hours after the porting phone call and still not working.

Does anyone know what is happening, or do just need to wait.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭goldenmick

It can take up to a few hours, depending on the provider. Although not always happening, it's still quite normal for both sims to be off for a little while.

Advertisement