Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Time needed to lay Herringbone flooring

• 26-01-2022 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Does anyone have any experience with having engineered herringbone flooring fitted. How long does it take to fit? Could a 25sqm area be done in a day by one or two lads?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

We just had laminate herringbone flooring fitted throughout the downstairs of our new house (living room, hallway, kitchen/diner). It took a long time. Our living room alone took about 3.5 days (done by one guy working like an Olympian). Herringbone is really finicky - he described it as like doing a jigsaw. Lots and lots of cutting required. I'm not sure what the size of downstairs would be - maybe about 65 sqm? The total time taken for downstairs was something like 9 days in the end, compared to 2-3 to do normal laminate in all the bedrooms upstairs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭ec_pc

We have engineered herringbone fitted in our hall - about 18 sq m I think. Took one guy 2 full days to do, but he was a perfectionist which you need on a job like this. He must have spent 2 hours measuring and marking before he put a single board down. Lots of cutting too. At the end of the 2nd day everything was done, skirting boards attached etc etc. He didn't have to contend with the stairs as it was a brand new stairs still propped up slightly so we was just able to lay under it and then stairs was lowered and fixed in place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,881 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

This and parquet flooring looks fantastic. Fair play to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,151 ✭✭✭✭JRant

I bet it looks fantastic though so well worth the extra time.

Thinking of getting something like this done myself and was wondering what type if price range I'd be looking at?

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

It does look great to be fair.

Price wise, wasn't too bad. I think this is the laminate we got: https://rightpricetiles.ie/product/robust-oak-herringbone-5/

So you can work out the cost of the laminate yourself from that, and obviously fitting will depend on the amount of floor space you want covered. I think we ended up getting a really good deal as the chap expected it to be quicker than it actually was, but he didn't charge us more when it ended up taking longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,151 ✭✭✭✭JRant

That looks the business. Thanks for the link, I'll give it a look, really appreciate it.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Jackben75

no offence, the laminate won't last and the guy or guys who done that took way too long. The decent quality (engineered) herring/parquet starts at around 80 per sqm, it will last your lifetime though bar the odd loose board. It is definitely a floor that will do with the latest for fashion trends over the years.

Advertisement