Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Groom suit

• 27-01-2022 11:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,860 ✭✭✭✭

Just interested to see what road Grooms went down for the wedding suits ,

What places did you's get them ?

Did anyone go for custom made suits ?

How much over or under 500 ?

How long in advance of the wedding id you get started ?

Any tips on the process .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Teacher2020

My husband got his tailor made from Magee Suits in Arnotts. He was very happy with it. I don't remember the cost but I don't think it was more than 500. He had his appointment 12 weeks before the wedding and the suit arrived about 6 weeks before wedding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭ec18

custom over 500 easily.

Got a suit at a local menswear went probably 5 months before when the rest of the groomsmen and that were all in the same place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Husband got his weeks before the Wedding. Got suited and booted at Louis Copeland and looked gorgeous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,856 ✭✭✭Allinall

I never normally wear suits, so hired for the wedding. ~ €150 including shirt, tie and cuff links.

Used here and was very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭zedhead

My husband got his in Diffney on Henry Street a few weeks before the wedding. It was their Groom Room service and was very good. We were in lockdown at the time but since weddings were going ahead they were allowed to open by appointment. They also kitted my dad out at the same appointment and found the service great.

• Advertisement
Advertisement