Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PT work on Disability Allowance/Where

• 27-01-2022 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi,

Being on DA is really affecting my mental health. I need to get back to work any for part time 20-25 hrs preferably so it wont affect my DA. I have a degree in Business and Hospitality

My mental health is really struggling and brings me down, when i send my CV and dont hear a reply. But i guess that is the nature of the game.

Yesterday i went voluntary out of desperation to my Intreo office. They gave me an email address so i can meet one of officers for help. Is there any use? Any suggestions perhaps where to look more.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Ask the intreo officer to refer you to your local employability service. That’s how I got my current job. It took a while but they came through for me in the end and I’m very happy where I am now. It’s a good fit for me. If you go this route there is an incentive to employers to take you on in the form of a grant towards your wages. You have to work a minimum of 21 hours a week on this scheme.

Advertisement