Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seetec JobPath - Communication while being employed

• 27-01-2022 1:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭

I’ve searched on boards and online for info on this with no luck.

TL;DR: Was with Seetec, started working and now they’re contacting regularly asking to confirm I’m still employed.

I was sent to Seetec around January 2021, I was familiar with them as I’d also been sent a couple of years before while in college part-time.

I started a new job shortly after around April 2021. Between Jan 2021 - Apr 2021 that I was with them I had about 3-4 phone calls that were all but useless. Basically just short calls where they’d say they’d send something but never actually done anything. Less than no help

As soon as I signed off from Social Welfare after starting work I got a call from Seetec, said they wanted to confirm details and basically close my case with them. I (probably foolishly) confirmed with them.

Since then I’ve had a couple of emails asking to confirm that I was still working (I never replied). Today I got a call, same thing asking to confirm. Then asked if I could email so they’d have in writing that I confirm I was still employed (I haven’t). Followed by a text a few minutes later asking me to reply ASAP.

I’ve heard they get commission when somebody is employed, is this constant contact their way of confirming that commission? I know you still technically receive “help” from them for the first year of employment, but I’ve a feeling they’re trying to get a commission for helping me get a job, which they had zero involvement in. Anyone any experience?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Contact your local employment office and explain the situation to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,029 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Yep, that's the same play book turas nua play, in essence they are trying to take credit for you getting the job and of course get a fee from the department.

Simply have absolutely nothing to do with them, send a cease and desist email and disclose nothing about your employment and contact your local intero centre outlining the continous emails, you obtained a Job by yourself and request they ask Seetac to stop harassing you.

I'd a similar issue with Turas Nua and made an official complaint to the department after they had the neck to contact my employer , whom I might had I'd been with for years, I was only referred to turas nua due to reduced hours at the time.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Thanks for the replies. I’d a feeling this might be their way of gaining a commission. The calls and emails are always more interested in getting a confirmation from me than checking up and seeing if I need help with anything. Thinking back they probably arrived roughly every 3 months since I started.

Up until now I’ve just ignored them, the call I answered because I didn’t know was them. It’s a pity the Social Welfare don’t do a quick follow up call/survey themselves and confirm if Seetec had any involvement in helping to gain employment. It bothers me to think they’re being paid a commission or even fluffing their success numbers by claiming they helped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,029 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

It's astonishing this carry on still occurring, Widely reported over the years . Honestly, report the harassment to SW and state you obtained employment with no support from seetac. SW will instruct seetac to stop contacting you.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Investigator1

I know this is a bit off subject, but useful nonetheless.

Please see below, an official response from DSP to a government ministers Parliamentary Question a few days ago

I refer to representation on behalf of a constituent asking if payment can be cut or reduced if a community employment participant fails or refuses to engage with Turas Nua and if the Department of Social Protection can legally and lawfully cut or reduce a person’s payment while they are engaging with the training employment for the 19.5 hours every week whilst on the community employment scheme.

The Community Employment (CE) Scheme is an active labour market programme designed to provide eligible long-term unemployed people and other disadvantaged persons with an opportunity to engage in useful work within their communities on a temporary, fixed term basis. The programme is delivered through independent CE sponsoring authorities that operate in the community and voluntary sector. 

The Department of Social Protection (DSP) provides funding for CE schemes for training and material costs, in addition to CE participant and CE supervisor wages. CE sponsoring authorities receive this funding in line with their annual contract with DSP. CE participants are employed by and receive a weekly wage from the CE sponsor, they are not employees of or paid by of DSP. 

As participants on CE schemes receive a wage from their employer (the sponsoring authority) and not a payment from DSP, the Department could not reduce or stop their payment for the reason mentioned in the question.

I trust this clarifies the matter.

• Advertisement
Advertisement