Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

W Series 2022

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

What a difficult way to end the season. I suppose it is necessary to concentrate on ensuring that the series continues. F1 seriously need to support it though.

Need I say, that it may not have helped sourcing funding by sticking the series behind a paywall.

I have been following the series but really have failed to see some serious efforts to ensure drivers can step up into F3. I know there's been a few tests, but nothing has properly materialised after 3 years.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Think they should have the series in Europe solely to cut down travel costs.

Imola, Barcelona, monaco, Red bull ring, silverstone, Hungaroring, spa, monza

Maybe a few double headers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Doesn't come as a surprise, there probably just isn't the interest in it. I've seen a few races and found it fairly poor being honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,257 ✭✭✭✭flazio

It's got the conversation going in the right direction but clearly there's still a long way to go when you consider that this line up of drivers is still higher up in the hierarchy then the ladies. (PS 16 year old Offaly lad Alex Dunne is the champion of this series)

How is it the women aren't even getting seats at this level?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I heard one comment that if you took one male driver and one female driver and went seeking sponsorship, and where the sponsor could chose one driver, they would go for the male talent. That mindset needs to change, but it will take a very long time. To speed things up, a women's race category is needed, with a guaranteed promotion to an F3 race seat for the top three female drivers.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Awe that is such a pity that it has to end like this. I agree sticking it behind a pay wall was just stupid and certainly woukd not have helped in promoting the series. I think it could be very successful if just promoted right. Promote it in Men's and Womens magazines get sponsorship from large make-up companies like Rimmel, Maybelline , Max Factor and L'Oréal etc after all its about trying to get young girls and Women into racing and motersports.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,257 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Lewis Hamilton was critical of F1 for not doing more to help W Series keep going, however it now appears that F1 are thinking about launching their own female only series aimed at younger up and comers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

F1W maybe or F1-W.

Should be interesting to see if anything comes of it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement