Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tubeless sealant - how long stays good in the bottle once opened?

Options
  • 27-01-2022 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭

I've actually two questions. Both may seem extremely stupid but I am clueless when it comes to tubeless.

I am to buy some sealant and give my tubless ready a go. My two questions:

1- Are all tubeless sealant made for both mtb and road bikes? I ask this as I've seen some sealant mention MTB but not road bike on the bottle.

2- I was to buy a big bottle but once you open the bottle, how long does the sealant take good to use? (stored inside the bottle I meant and inside the house sort of temperature)

Thanks!

Post edited by Galego on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Not an expert opinion but I think they are the same even though there is probably room for some innovation here. Road sealant in theory should be different to deal with the higher pressures, but in practice I've never seen anything different and don't think it is.

Sealant in a bottle doesnt seem to dry out for me, just give it a shake before using it. If you only have one tubeless wheelset though you can probably just buy the 60mm bottles

Advertisement