Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keeping marriage name

Options
  • 27-01-2022 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

well my friend are having conflicting opinions on this situation the scenario is as follows..

A married couple with say 1/2 kids, he tells the wife he doesn’t love her anymore and leaves her for the woman he is seeing, let’s call her Alice, himself and Alice are now together about 12 + years built a house together and have two kids and are engaged… first wife let’s call Jane hasn’t been with another man since the breakup, the kids are now in their 20’s, she still uses her ex husbands surname..

my feeling is if my husband left me for another woman I would change my name immediately, if I had kids I would probably use it while kids at school I mean the marriage is over years why keep the name, it screams she’s trying to hold onto him by using his surname, my friends opinion is once you have kids you should keep his name?.

what’s the opinion out there??

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

Advertisement