Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another annoying App feature

Options
  • 28-01-2022 8:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 33,467 ✭✭✭✭

As someone who uses the App fairly regularly, is it not possible for the coders to fix this really irritating bug in it?

Every single time you need to enter your PIN, and you tap in one of spaces for a number, the on screen keyboard pops up, waits for a second then drops away again, necessitating a 2nd tap to retrieve it.

Surely this can't be that hard to fix?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi NIMAN,

Thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear you're having difficulty with the mobile app. Can you please let us know the make and model of your phone and do you have additional keyboards installed?

Thanks,

Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 33,467 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Its a Samsung S7, no additional keyboards installed.

My wife also has the same problem, on a different Samsung phone, and when I mentioned it to a friend recently I was told "sure mine does that too".

I am guessing its not phone specific. Can any other app users on here, perhaps with different model phones, tell me if it does the same on theirs?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,442 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Same thing on OnePlus 6

Thanks for getting back to us. We'll forward this to our Mobile App Team and will get back to you here as soon as we have a response.

Thanks

Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rega

Same thing on Poco X3

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Galaxy S7 also does exactly the same, has been for a long time.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Thanks folks, makes me feel better that its an app problem, not my (our) phones.

Hi all,

Just to update you all that our mobile app team are aware of this issue and are working to implement a fix as soon as possible. Thanks for raising this with us here @NIMAN and thanks to you all for providing your device details. Apologies for any inconvenience this is causing.

Thanks

Tara

Good to hear.

Its a first world problem, but an irritating one nonetheless.

Advertisement