Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Advice on Grass

Options
  • 28-01-2022 9:46am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,603 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Ive a south west facing back garden. Because an outhouse structure, an apple tree, raspberry bushes and a palm tree, the garden is quite "busy" and the grass is quite poor, patchy and littered with weeds due to the shadiness alot of it gets. Im in long term rented accommodation so I can't get rid of the existing bushes etc.

Im looking for advice on how to best tackle the garden to get grass growing properly again. Im fairly clueless with gardening so dont know how to approach things. Can I put weedkiller down or will that damage the tree/bushes? Do I need to get a more hardy grass seed?

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Advertisement