Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Relationships/Dating in 40s - what do women want

• 28-01-2022 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭

Can i ask what women are looking for in a relationship in their 40s. The online dating apps (and hate to generalise) have many women in their 30s that are looking to have kids. im assuming once 40s hit, there is less of an expectation that they will have kids. so whats the primary reason for them looking for men. is it action in the leaba, having someone to fix things around the house, someone to do things with.

Post edited by Hannibal_Smith on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,504 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

You should make this your first question on any date you go on. I'm sure they would appreciate your directness and your assumption that babies are out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭Xterminator

hi op.

it probably should be said women in their 40's are not a homogenous group with a hive mind. without meaning to be sarcastic, each and every one will have her own circumstances, and history.

What their motivations could be be - desire for intimacy and someone to share time with, physical needs, share costs of living, a partner can security for the future. they are just the ones that come to mind - nd I'm not a woman in your target audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

good idea. and i might ask any prospective how many times a week they will agree to do 'it' .

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

thanks, i wanted to check if there isnt one blatantly obvious reason that i am not aware of. what you are saying sounds about right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Most of the good catches are long taken at that stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭PHG

I’m struggling to see if this question is trolling or just along the lines of naivety, even stupidity! I’m a guy btw.

Maybe women in their 40s already have kids or didn’t want them. Can a woman not enjoy sex in her 40s? I dated a woman over 40 for years and can tell you she enjoyed it! Womens libido is at a it’s peak in late 30s and 40s, mens peak at 18ish, so you at 30 may be no match for a 45 year old woman. You can apply the same question to men in their 40s, no? Asking how many times will they agree to do it, is such childish question (guessing you are 15/16 years old with such a question?). Anyone at any age can have a varying degree of a sex life, it does not have to be defined by age.

If you are older than I asked and considering dating women in their 40s I would say your maturity is not there yet, and would include any women over 21 for that matter.

There are plenty of good catches in their 40s+ and plenty of bad catches less than 40. You have no idea of their circumstances and they yours, so sweeping generalisations or looking for them is not the way to go.

I'm around that age and currently single. I date women ranging from 30-40. I find older women are likely to want to move more slowly, in general. I guess at that age they're weary of men! Younger women still have a bit of hope in their eyes.

😂

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Mod Note

@2lazytogetup, welcome to Personal Issues. The purpose of the forum is to help posters resolve an issue that is affecting them.

Given that (a) you seem to be looking for a discussion rather than advice (b) no one can advise you on what women in their 40s are looking for from a date and (c) gender generalisations are not permitted in this forum, I'm going to close the thread there.

Thanks

HS

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement