Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

creating thread

Options
  • 28-01-2022 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭

Is there a simple trick when creating a thread to put it where it should be... it often happens that they seem to end up in the wrong place and then people are being told this.

Is there a simple type in trick to find appropriate category...

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I've answered something in the region of 10,000+, probably closer to 15,000, or these lost threads, so if there was a solution I'd have made sure it was in place long ago.

There's various theories as to why new people keep getting this wrong. A lot of the blame is ascribed to other, simpler social media systems. Things like Facebook use a simpler single page that everything gets dumped on, with no internal structure or categorisation. So people often just follow the links in the intro mail, or see Help and Feedback and think it applies to everything equally.

We did explicitly rename the entry in the dropdowns to Boards.ie Help and Feedback, but I doubt it's had much useful impact. A thread in N&F about finding the right place to post has had nearly 30,000 views, so I'd like to think that at least means a few thousand such lost threads were avoided. N&F recently hasn't had much in the way of lost threads, Feedback seems to be getting the worst of it.

Advertisement