Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mock exam fees

Options
  • 28-01-2022 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭

Our school is asking us to pay €55 for our child to take the JC mock exams. Does anyone know if this is a mandatory payment?

I only ask as the same school was asking us to pay €250 for our other child to enrol into first year, which is against legislation (but was phrased to make it sound like it was mandatory).

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If they are getting the papers corrected by a commercial company that's not too bad.

If the teachers are correcting the papers in house and without pay then it's a rip-off.

No reason why teachers couldn't compose their own papers, but that is the way of the world now.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭chprt

€55 is a decent price to get the mock papers from the DEB or examcraft. at that price the teachers are marking them themselves for free which will probably take about 15-20hrs a class.

www.onlinemathsgrinds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

We just paid €125 for our JC child last week for the Mocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,594 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I did my Junior Cert in 2008 and I think it was nearly €100 and our Leaving Cert was similar but they were all sent off to be corrected.(I will admit I was doubtful of one).

I know of other schools who didn't have fees or hardly any but they were all done in house.

Advertisement