Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting in/around Maynooth

Options
  • 28-01-2022 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭

I’ve been offered a job in Maynooth.

wasn’t actually expecting it

i need to look up places to rent but only one affordable place in a Maynooth is pretty far out

can anyone recommend what surrounding areas I should check that would have a bus or train route to Maynooth?

is there an estate I could call that would have a list of rentals?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,788 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Maynooth is exceptionally expensive to rent in. Most of the surrounding areas are not much cheaper.

It only has frequent public transport from the Dublin direction - along the bus routes you've got Leixlip, Celbridge, Lucan, Palmerstown. Along the train route you've got Leixlip, Clonsilla, Castleknock, Ashtown.

Lower frequency buses/trains exist from Kilcock (and points further west along the train and N4), Naas, Sallins, Clane.

Estate agents will generally list all rentals they have online - there are multiple estate agents in Maynooth - Coonans, Bradys, Feelys, Farrellys and possibly more.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Gloucester

Kilcock is only about 3 or 4 miles away, easily cycle to Maynooth. Good bus connections (bus Eireann 115 route). The Greenway between the two towns is ideal for a safe cycle to and from work. Try estate agents in Kilcock or Enfield. Reilly estate agents in Kilcock (01) 628 7548 or Leinster Property (01) 628 4261

or Brady's Estate agents in Maynooth (01) 651 0000.

probably cheaper to stay to the west of Maynooth

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Useless Lump

Thank you both.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,971 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

There's a Facebook group, Maynooth Notice Boards.

It's generally lost cats and found keys, but sometimes there's rooms/flats/houses for rent. Probably worth joining

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaynoothNotice/?ref=share

I sent a few of messages through rent.ie to one guy renting a place and had no answer.

I don’t know if this means he isn’t getting those messages or just isn’t interested in renting to me.

• Advertisement

It is not ideal but it is the nearest place.

prices go higher in surrounding areas and no point in renting a place that makes the journey to and from work long and awkward

I will have to stay where I am for a while

Advertisement