Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in apartment building.

Options
  • 28-01-2022 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭

Moved in to an apartment block last month.

Rang Pure Telecom gave them my eircode they said they can hook it up for me.

Waited about 3 weeks for a chap to come this morning. He said he can’t do it. There’s no connection point. Actually can’t believe it.

Anyone any advice what to do or who can do it. I’ve no idea. Any place i lived before the internet was just there i never thought about how it works.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Connection point missing in apartment or ... ? Hard to believe that whole block not wired in.

I think obvious would be to check with owner manual, landlord, building management, neighbors

• Registered Users Posts: 5,698 ✭✭✭jd

What were you ordering? Fibre to the home, or fibre to the cabinet? Apartment blocks need fibre at least to the service/utility shafts before ftth can be installed to individual units, and this needs management company cooperation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭clohamon

Believe it or not there's law on this.

https://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/2016/si/391/made/en/print

9(1) Subject to these Regulations, a public communications network operator has, 

upon request, the right to— 

(a) roll out its network at its own costs, up to an access point and a network termination point, and 

(b) use an access point or in-building physical infrastructure for the purpose of deploying elements of a high-speed public communications network. 

...and in case ComReg don't wish to get involved there's law on that too.

10(1) The Regulator shall carry out— 

(a) the functions of ensuring compliance with these Regulations by network operators and the holder of a right to use access points or in-building physical infrastructure to which these Regulations apply, 

Advertisement