Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saturday 29th January 2022

• 28-01-2022 4:09pm

An early pick for too many early picks for 2moro.. 😃

4.23 Lingfield HEY HO LET'S GO ~ 33/1 ew CAPLA SPIRIT ~ 6/1 ew , WATER OF LEITH 5/2 ew , INAAM ~ 8/1 ew

Water Of Leith is 'interesting' - that is all he is tho - in that he's only 4, has won off a way higher mark (at Wolves) , and has competed in Class 3s and 4s and a Class 2.. No real form to speak of over C & D... Not interesting enough to be backing him at around 5/2...

The other 3; and assuming they are similarly priced to what they are currently, with the few books that looked to have it priced up; will do me for to have €2.50 ew on them..

A 6f race, and going by one (a sprint over the minimum 5f at the course) some of us watched today, not a lot of point over analyzing how it's going to pan out. They're all course winners, and Capla Spirit is a course winner over 5fs, but 6f should be fine for him, as he's gone close before over C & D.. Am happy enough with these picks, and their (current) prices - wouldn't be surprised if I nab the winner in this...

Might include Water Of Leith with the other three for combination forecast/tricast purposes, for 10c or so..

And, for a pick here that I don't think will fare so well : MARTINEO @ ~4/1 and a stablemate of Inaam is drawn high enough in box 8.. This may force him to be held up (unless Grace McEntee can get him forward in a good position) , and I can't see him win from a hold up ride.. I think he needs to be up with the pace.. If 4/1 is his win price tomorrow, then he looks like a 3 place lay job at ~ 11/10 or shorter...

Likely thread will start sooner or later.... so may as well be sooner 😆

All selections and opinions welcome ! 😊

Gluck 😊

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭j@utis

Don't say that about Water Of Leith because I'm about to back it 🤣 He blew the start completely lto but ran on strongly to take 2nd, maybe the break did him good, also that race produced another two winners that were behind him, Patsy Fagan and Impeach both won nto. I also like Capla Spirit too but I don't back two in the same race 😙

I like backing more than one in plenty of races.. 😊 Better chance of winning; plus, from a psychological pov, it's a cruel blow to 'leave a winner behind'..

Best of luck with Water Of Leith - am not convinced going on his Wolverhampton form. Couple of runs only at Lingfield, and they were poor.. think the odds on offer are skimpy too.. only this poster's opinion...

It's all about opinions, and best of luck with yours tomorrow j ☺️

Dai Burchell is retiring very soon from training... He has two due out tomorrow at Uttoxeter (1 in first and 1 in the last) , and has his last ever one out on Sunday, I think, at Fontwell.

His Good Impression not without a chance in the 12.08 @ 5s gen, but I think the C & D winner AKKAPENKO has a right good chance in the last, the 4.08, at Uttoxeter. Two poor runs since that win, and, at a likely 5 places a fifth with some books, and priced at 20/1 gen, I'll go each way, and give him the NAP, mainly on account of his price and the C & D win, even though the November race weren't ran in a great time.. Ground (good - good to soft in places) is pretty much identical to what he ran on when winning.. up in the weights too, but #I doubt he goes off any shorter bigger than 14s..

#just my opinion.. 😊

Edit for syntax erra

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭FiftyP

Fairyhouse has three maidens from 2.15 until 3.25. I genuinely don't know how I do in maidens, and even if I delved into my spreadsheet it'd probably be useless because a maiden in January is different to a maiden over the summer is different to a maiden in October. My head is telling me to just ignore them and have a go in the first four races, and if anything holds out for me see what other people are saying, or if I last to the 4pm hurdle. I have a feeling I do well in maidens though, but it just doesn't seem like smart money when you're picking off the form on the Racing Post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭munster87

What about that Rebel Redemption? Been running decently over at Southwell in better races. I'm backing Water of Leith too in that though, missed the break badly lto and got no luck in running.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭charlesanto

Cheltenham 13:20 - Your Darling 11/2 

Doncaster 12:25 - Romeo Brown 8/1 

Cheltenham 13:55 - Galahad Quest 11/2 

Cheltenham 14:30 - Aye Right 5/1 

• Advertisement

Rebel Redemption is back in lower grade and slightly on lower mark, that gives him a chance, he won when blinkers were first applied but they didn't same affect later.

I didn't back Water of Leith last night at 11/4 after leff talked me out of it, now he's 15/8, so I definitely won't be taking that. I'll side with Capla Spirit e/w to produce a "placed" run once again.

I'm also on Sparka 7/2 in 2:02 Lingers, she didn't settle last time in very small field with no cover but her last two runs prior that were good. And Irish Millions 5/1 in 3:48, based on his close form with now favorite Essential. I have Buraback in my notebook in this race too but he's not e/w material I was hoping for. GL.

I looked at the 14:02 last night and settled on Ellade but didn’t think there was value so left it

Oh well, looks great value now! :(

I didn't back Water of Leith last night at 11/4 after leff talked me out of it,

😂 😁

"Don't listen to anyone else!.. back your own picks/opinions"

One of the 'rules (of punting) ' j@utis 😊

playing the "he talked me out of it card" 😋

Leff takes no responsibility for j@utis' picks, or any influence over said picks, or anyone else's as far as that goes 😊

Horse in question won't win tho 😋

• Advertisement

We'll know in ten minutes Munster 😊

Happy with my 3 picks!.. that's all I can say!!

Nice one with Hey Ho Let’s Go!

Ta 😊

Up a few pennies on account he drifted out to 50s at the end..

Thread hit the crossbar today - but no winners.. 😓

I didn't back Good Impression in the 12.08.. Munster did nae back Ellade in the 2.02... 9/2 and 5/1 gone unbacked :(

Between the few of us we had plenty of placers.. But a winner proves elusive ☹️

Day not over yet as Kempton still on..

I've had enough however, nd "there'll be other days" 😊

Yeah, no big hit today either, I had one placed - money back, so 2pts down on the day. Now back to work, no fun in Kempton for me today.

Kempton is an awful depressing looking spot in the evening, esp, well mainly, when losses are taken..

I have a lukewarm pick early doors, and can read all about it, read all about it oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh ....,... 😂 in 2moro's upcoming daily thread!

night all 😁

Advertisement