Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John McLaughlin & 4th Dimension 26May NCH

Options

Comments

Limited seating left but still a few available if interested- surprised no responses at all

An amazing concert- what a legend and a gentleman. Incredible musicianship of all the quartet- and John gave them all their spotlight. So glad I was there. Disappointed that there’s no one here on the forum that would like to share their experience of the evening; anyway it’s nice to document the concert for prosperity

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dubgray

Hi there,

I was at the NCH.

John McLaughlin showed off his range all right.From Jazz Fusion to ethnic Indian? even a tribute to Paco DeLucia.Still rapid bursts of speed too,makes for exciting Jazz.And impressive at his age.Odd tone sound off an amp somewhere.I liked the lack of interval, suits this type of music,the group can build to a climax to round off the show.I really enjoyed the music.Bet you did too!

100+ mins went by so fast!

Good night.

A lovely summary and spot on in terms of your view of the concert- yes there was a small bit of a problem with sound at some point- the keyboard player highlighted that too at some point.

• Advertisement
Advertisement