Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on self contained garden unit

Options
  • 28-01-2022 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi All,

I have a semid with a good sized garden. I'd like to build a self contained accommodation unit at the bottom of the garden, one bedroom with small bathroom and dining area. I hope it would be a place for one of my kids when they go to college and maybe earn some income through airbnb. My questions are:

Is it better to make this a timber construction or concrete? Which is better value?

Roughly what cost for the full project...attach water, sewage and electricity, interior goods, etc.

Thanks very much for any tips provided.

John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭mike_2009

There are a few companies offering office rooms and some include kitchenette/bathrooms but the problem is planning, they are NOT meant to be lived in. Air quality, Heating, Risk of Fire - these regs may make it difficult to get what you need. I've heard of 40K to 200K depending on what level of features / sizes you are looking for. Most seems to be Timber / pre fabricated from the ones I've seen locally.

Advertisement