Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAEs vs. ACCA Professional Exams

• 29-01-2022 12:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭

So as the title suggests, I'm looking for comparisons between the two FAE exams vs. the 4 ACCA professional exams.

I'm an ACA, but my cousin has been studying ACCA for the last few years. He has finished his 9 applied & foundation exams and is ready to move on to his professional exams. He has noticed that Chartered Accountants Ireland will give full exemptions for Cap 1s & Cap 2s to the people who have the first 9 ACCA exams passed and is considering applying for the FAEs rather than continuing the ACCA exams.

Has anyone got any experience comparing the two? Obviously, the FAEs have a better pass rate, but the CAP 2s are generally regarded as being harder and so they weed out many people. Does anyone see any flaws in changing from ACCA to ACA? I'd like the best for him and want to support him in his choices and I was wondering if anyone has been in a similar position.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

The ACCA syllabus flows from the foundation, to the skills level and professional level exams. If he as already done the first 9, the professional exams for the most of the professional exams likes of Audit, Financial Accounting, performance management etc, are follow on exams from the skills level. There is even some overlap between some of the exams like Advanced Performance management and Strategic Business Leader.

My suggestion would be that he goes on to complete the ACCA exams as they follow on in terms of syllabus and exam question type and would be much more straight forward in terms of what to expect.

That's not to say the switch could not be done. I just wouldn't not do it myself unless there was some obvious reason to do so, or a work requirement.

As far as I know the training for ACA/CAI (including FAEs) is in house and in that regard it's always going to be best fit for the exams. I'd say he'd be fine. Assuming he doesn't mind losing the extra C 😋

ACCA myself.

Advertisement