Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed pedelecs

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Briain O Loinsigh

I tried a Yamaha pro motored ebike and i was very impressed. Feels much more technical and probably brilliant for tight uphill off road cycling , the lowest mode even felt poweful and the motor was almost silent 😶

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Etc

I've been riding a speed pedelec since 2018. I've had two at this stage, I use it to commute into the city centre daily. I purchased both from well known retailers in Ireland.

Having it has allowed me to sell the second car, get to my office quicker than my Dart/walk, I tow numerous roadies who are more than happy to sit in, I don't cycle at 45kph as a rule, but I can accelerate out of dodgy situations with motorists because I can be faster off the mark. I've been a cyclist all my life and I love the fact I have alternatives between being a roadie to pursue my enjoyment of cycling and having my speed pedelec to commute.

I see a lot of comments about weight of bike and rider being a risk in an accident but in my experience, casual cyclists, electric scooters and peeps out for a walk are equally as dangerous.

Advertisement