Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Draft 2022 - Picks Thread

Options
  • 29-01-2022 9:52am
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Welcome to the 2022 Boards PW Draft!!

There will be 15 rounds of drafting. Those signed up will be randomly assigned a position from 1 - 12 for round 1.

While the rules are all listed below, I'd like to remind people that most rounds will be random, though some will *may* see picks organized based on particular factors.

A quick synopsis of the rules again for easy access for the players:

Rules:

Draft Order

The order people make their picks is decided at random, via a completely unbiased List Randomizer website (random.org). There will be a number of rounds in which the drawing order will not be random. These will be made clear at the start of these rounds.

Tag Teams:

Tag Teams come as a package so for example if you want the Authors of Pain then you don't have to pick Rezar one round and then Akam the next. The rules for tag teams are as follows:

- Cannot have a world champion in them ie no DX or Hart Foundation

- Must have tagged together for at least 3 months in WWE, AEW, TNA, ROH, NJPW or anything historically going under the NWA banner.

- Intergender tag teams not allowed

- Members of factions, ie Wade Barrett and Rusev, are not deemed valid picks as they are not classed as legit tag teams under the criteria for the game.

- 5 tag teams is the maximum amount of teams for each roster.

World Titles:

World titles are considered as the following:

WWE (all versions), World Heavyweight Title/WCW, TNA*, NWA**, IWGP world championship - and for the first time ever - the AEW World Championship.

All incarnations of the WWE Women's Championship are also considered as World Titles.

(Note *: For the benefit of the game as a whole and to reflect the realistic loss in prestige of the TNA Title, only TNA title reigns up until they unified the Impact World Championship with the GFW Global Championship in 2017 count.

(Note**: For the benefit of the game as a whole and to reflect the realistic loss in prestige of the NWA Title, only holders of the NWA Title up until the WCW World Championship came into use will be regarded as World Champions for the purposes of the game.)

Eligible Promotions:

Any - it has all changed since last year. If you want to draft Bandylegs McGillicuddy from Ireland - as long as you can categorically prove he has had a pro wrestling match - he is yours!

The only exception to this rule is in relation to tag teams - please see above.

Time Frame:

None. The old pre 1970’s rule remains abolished.

There will also be a celeb round where celebs who have appeared on wrestling TV are eligible for picks.

- people who would be considered Celebs more so than wrestlers are only eligible to be drafted in the special celeb round and not in any other round

- Managers, commentators and female wrestlers are eligible if people wish to pick them. Once they are drafted - they’re yours!

Trades:

Trades are allowed from Round 5 onwards but you are limited to 5 trades each. When a trade occurs it is superstars you are trading, not a pick in the draft, so you must be able to make the draft pick before they are eligible to be drafted, i.e all normal rules such as 5 tag team picks limit are still in effect.

Trades may be vetoed by those running the game in order to ensure a fair balance is maintained. However, this is extremely unlikely to occur for the vast majority of trades, and will only be discussed in situations where there is suspicion of other matters influencing the game.

Stip rounds:

There are a number of stipulation rounds lined up. Make sure to read each carefully, and if you're unsure what you're meant to do, ask in the discussion thread and verify your pick with an organiser.

Missed Picks

The draft runs under a 24 Hour rule. In other words, you have 24 hours to make your pick from the moment the person prior to you has made theirs. This will be enforced so as not to slow down the game. If you think you are going to miss your window, PM someone a list of who you'd like and they can make your pick for you. Should you miss your window, your pick will be pushed back to the end of that round.

Note - Rules may be amended during the contest to help run the game smoother if it's felt this is necessary but we will aim to ensure everyone is kept up to date if this has to happen.

Our official player roster for the 2022 PW Draft is below:

1. Mr. Nice Guy
    2. Bounty Hunter
    3. beakerjoe
    4. Necro
    5. Hello 2D Person Below
    6. The White Wolf
    7. Furious Red
    8. JP Liz V1
    9. NITRO95
    10. daithi1989
    11. Mr Guappa
    12. wrestlemaniac
    13. brianregan09

Round 1 will be posted shortly, and the Draft will commence!!!

Picks so far:

Post edited by Bounty Hunter on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

ROUND ONE - ROUND OF HONOR

Thought this would be an appropriate tribute to one of the promotions that suffered because of the pandemic, but played a HUGE part in developing the careers of some of the absolute best talent out there presently, and indeed in the past:

NB: Only those who have made an appearance in ROH can be drafted for Round 1....

So without further adieu, the player list... who's gonna get that coveted numero uno for 2022....

1. Bounty Hunter
    2. The White Wolf
    3. wrestlemaniac
    4. daithi1989
    5. Mr. Nice Guy
    6. beakerjoe
    7. JP Liz V1
    8. Necro
    9. NITRO95
    10. Salma Unsightly Semiconductor
    11. Mr Guappa
    12. Furious Red
    13. brianregan09

Those at the bottom of the list should not feel too bad though... Round 2 is going to be reverse order (and may indeed have another stip attached, to be revealed later)

I will now PM Bounty Hunter to inform him he is first up and then once he makes his pick he will PM next in the list, etc etc...

Post edited by Necro on

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

That's right! I Was half considering making an OSW boys stable type roster or going with a fun theme when picking and not taking this as seriously this year but no.1 in the draft order and only 12 combatants which means everyone should have a top notch roster really.

So if I am going to take this serious I need to a top draft pick who will give me options later on. I need someone people could argue as the GOAT but that I have not booked a million times already and of course someone who appeared at an ROH event.

So umm Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Here he is in ROH

and the pic below that is incase people need a reminder of the physical specimen he was in his prime when he was still The Stylin’, profilin’, limousine riding, jet flying, kiss-stealing, wheelin’ n’ dealin’ son of a gun!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Well I was debating when I'd have to pull the trigger on this one, but given he's my reigning Heavyweight Champion in All Star Bruisers, I must pick first the one and only "Hangman" Adam Page. There'll be no shirking of drinking responsibilities in my company Cowboy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

I'll draft CM Punk

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

I’ll take Bryan Danielson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

First draft pick is going to be one of my favourite wrestlers from back in the day. Pleased to have seen him wrestle live before he passed away far too soon. He is...

Don't think I ever drafted him before, so looking forward to using Latino Heeeeaaaat.

Monday Night Grappling roster:

1. Eddie Guerrero

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I choose, Jon Moxley

Sorry about the delay, while I was Pm'ed, I never got notifications via email. Assumed it wasnt kicking off until today.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,240 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'll take Tyler Black aka Seth Freckin Rollins

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

NCW returns and once again will debut new talent in 2022. Our first draft pick this year.....

ADAM COLE BAY-BAY!!!

And he will not be coming alone, oh no.....

Joining him is his long-time friend, more recently rival in NXT... they teamed together in ROH as Future Shock...

Kyle O'Reilly!!!

NCW Roster 2022:

1. Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly

ROUND 2

Gonna lash up Round 2 so people know where they stand for it... as previously stated it is Reverse Order... but shure we'll have another stip too while we're at it.

Only those who have made an appearance in NJPW can be drafted for round 2

Round Order:

1. brianregan09
    2. Furious Red
    3. Mr Guappa
    4. Salma Unsightly Semiconductor
    5. NITRO95
    6. Necro
    7. JP Liz V1
    8. beakerjoe
    9. Mr Nice Guy
    10. daithi1989
    11. wrestlemaniac
    12. The White Wolf
    13. Bounty Hunter

Have fun 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭NITRO95

I'll take Kenta Kobashi

• Mick Foley 🙂

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

For the second year running, my first pick is 'The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be'

'The Excellence of Execution'

Bret 'Hitman' Hart

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

FCW have signed the belt collector himself, the best bout machine............................ Kenny Omega

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

For my 1st round pick I will take AJ Styles !!!!

For my 2nd round pick I will take Kazuchila Okada !!!

Will add pics when I get home from work

RCW Roster

AJ Styles

OKADA

Post edited by brianregan09 on

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

FCW are delighted to announce Ireland's own Finn Balor aka Fergal Devitt

FCW roster

1. Kenny Omega

2. Finn Balor

Post edited by Furious-Red on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

OH, WHAT A RUSH!

THE ROAD WARRIORS

1. Bret 'The Hitman' Hart
    2. The Road Warriors

• The Undertaker

1. Mick Foley

2. The Undertaker

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭NITRO95

Hulk Hogan

Roster

1. Kenta Kobashi

2. Hulk Hogan

*glass shatters*

STONE COLD!

STONE COLD!

BAH GAWD STONE COLD IS JOINING NCW!!

NCW Roster 2022:

1. Adam Cole & Kyle O Reilly

2. 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,240 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kota Ibushi

Post edited by JP Liz V1 on

While we're waiting for Liz to re-pick I'll fire up the Round 3 order for y'all...

Round 3 Order:

1. Necro
    2. Mr. Nice Guy
    3. NITRO95
    4. The White Wolf
    5. brianregan09
    6. JP Liz V1
    7. daithi1989
    8. Salma Unsightly Semiconductor
    9. Furious Red
    10. Bounty Hunter
    11. wrestlemaniac
    12. beakerjoe
    13. Mr Guappa

No stips this time out, knock yourselves out 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I select

BROCK LESNAR

BCW roster

1. Jon Moxley

2. Brock Lesnar

Our second pick is someone who can do it all. He is...

...Kurt Angle.

He can be matched up with anyone and of course knows my previous pick very well.

Monday Night Grappling roster thus far:

1. Eddie Guerrero
    2. Kurt Angle

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

DPW adds 2 Superstars for Pick 2 for the 2022 Draft..

Both these Superstars features for NJPW Houseshows in Nov 2017, and also teamed together for a 4 month stint in NXT..

Joining Bryan Danielson, are...

Limitless.. Keith Lee,

and

BRRRRRROOOOOOO... Matt Riddle

DPW Roster;

1. Bryan Danileson
    2. Keith Lee and Matt Riddle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

Roster

1. CM Punk
    2. Sting

• Registered Users Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

After a tight negotiation, All Star Bruisers have signed someone who has arguably been lost in the discussion for greatest living and actively performing wrestler. While NJPW has experienced a tough couple of years due to the pandemic, ASB will provide the perfect platform for this man to make a statement. Our second pick is the [B]Switchblade Jay White[/B].

Roster

1. Hangman Adam Page

2. Switchblade Jay White

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Making the list this year for the BWA's top picks is none other than...

The Ayatollah of Rock'n'Rolla, The King of the World, Demo God, The Alpha & Le Champion, That;s right it's the Most Charismatic Showman to Ever Enter Your Living Room Via a Television Screen Y2J, Chris Jericho!

1.Rick Flair

2.Chris Jericho

Our next signing needs no introduction... Though he asked we do so anyways.

The Big Dog

The Tribal Chief

The Head of the Table

The longest reigning Universal Champ in History...

ROMAN REIGNS JOINS NCW

NCW ROSTER 2022

1. Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly

2. Stone Cold Steve Austin

3. Roman Reigns

• Advertisement

The last time this man was on Monday Night Grappling he stole our World Title and left the company, but he did at least contribute to our first ever Draft win. After difficult negotiations, an agreement has been reached and all is forgiven. Please welcome back after a ten year absence...

...Shawn Michaels.

Mr. Michaels has assured us that he is a changed man. That he has found religion. He has promised us no trouble this time. No trouble at all...

Monday Night Grappling roster thus far:

1. Eddie Guerrero
    2. Kurt Angle
    3. Shawn Michaels

Advertisement