Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 Travel Advice

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 hibknight

Thanks a lot! just picked up tickets! If anyone else has any advice for the Hungary GP let me know!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭McFly85

Did it last year, was very well organised.

Stayed in a hotel that was near enough the train station(the expo congress hotel). It’s essentially in an industrial estate but it was cheap and clean - the buses didn’t run from there to the train station on weekends but there was always those lime scooters around, was a 5 min trip on those to the main train station(Ors Vere Ter).

Each day trains run every 15 mins from Ors Vere Ter to the track which costs about €2.50 return and includes a shuttle that drops you at one of the entrances, and everything is clearly marked for F1. You can buy your tickets for each day at once to stop you having to queue each day, and the queue on race day was significant. For us, we managed to get from the hotel to our seats in about an hour every day which was brilliant.

Like every race, getting back can be chaotic so if you can hang about for an hour or so until the queues go down is probably the best bet. The town that the race is in has nothing in it so better to hang around the track. When you do get the shuttle back any train will leave you in Budapest(but not necessarily in the same place) and they’re frequent all day.

A pint at the track was €4.50 and the food was great too. Would defo do again!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 hibknight

Thanks a lot for taking the time to provide those details, it all seems quite straightforward enough then! With waiting around at the track at the end of the day for an hour or so are the bars / food stalls still open? and are the queues still taking some time? I've purchased tickets just need to plan and sort everything else now, can't wait!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭McFly85

No problem at all!

Bars stayed open for about an hour after the race finished which isn’t too much time, but they sold cans as well as draught so you could always buy a few of those after the race too. We were in the grandstand and at no point during the weekend did it take longer than 10 minutes of queuing to get food or drink, there’s loads of stalls about. Loads of toilets there too. Not sure about the rest of the track but there seemed to be a fair amount.

What I will say is that while the queue is pretty large for shuttles to the train station, it’s about a 40 min walk if you’re not bothered waiting, and it would probably take the same amount of time all in, you might even save time doing it that way on race day.

I would recommend being at the train station at about 9am each day - might seem early but you wont have any huge queues at that point on any day and you’ll get there in time to see most of the support races too.

I massively enjoyed it last year and would defo go again, you’ll have a blast!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭Ted222

Thanks for the link.

Looking at tickets for Belgium next year but it doesn’t seem to offer seat numbers in any of the stands.

Does anyone know if these are allocated after ordering or is it just general admission to whatever stand you book for?

• Advertisement
Advertisement