Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying house in coolaney

Options
  • 30-01-2022 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi

Myself husband planning to buy house in woodstream coolaney ,we both work in hospital in sligo and have one toddler , wondering is this place is good for kids and myself learning driving , spouse drive and please share your opinions just confused should I go with the new build in coolaney ....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

The drive out is the worse thing about Coolaney. The one thing about living in the countryside is that you have to be very disciplined and organised with your grocery shopping. Emergency shopping sorties into Supervalu in Ballisodare will add to your expenses.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Golden Queen

I am living in Coolaney for a number of years. It is a beautiful place to live. It has a good grocery shop, chemist, health centre, community centre, play ground, astro pitch, cafe, church, pub, butchers, haurdressers, fabulous walks. It had won the tidy village for the last few years. It also has a ladies group and a walking group it is very quiet and people are very friendly. The drive to Colloney only 20 minutes to the dual carriage way. I would highly recommend it.

That should be the drive to Collooney is 10 minutes not 20 as stated on previous post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

You never mentioned the best Chinese Take Away in Sligo apparently the Italian Restaurant is excellent too but never tried that.

That should be the drive to Collooney

• Advertisement

I thought I had covered everything. Yes the Chinese and Italian restaurant and cafe Fia. Also the Coolaney mountain bike trail. I could go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

And look at this what is opening in Coolaney within the next month - very impressive:

https://scontent-dub4-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/277762236_5786867044673418_2141574929730245725_n.jpg

The price of car fuel there is eyewatering!

Advertisement