Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead front tooth . (RIP)- I need advice

Options
  • 31-01-2022 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

Ok so long story short, few years ago was eating , bit the fork and a small chip occurred on my front tooth...….Had the chip mended with a little crown with my dentist, this chipped off somehow again,

He x-rayed the tooth and it turns out it is dead.

It is discoloring slowly (getting a bit yellow at the top) :(

And it still has the little chip at the bottom.

He referred me to an Endodontist , who was very expensive and I came out of there feeling there was no hope. He basically told me to just live with it and would not advise any treatment?? I paid him 150 for him to tell me this.

All he said was to try external bleaching (which didn't do much) and then if i wanted they would do root canal( try to whiten it from the inside- but didn't really recommend this as it may not match up to my other teeth color)

I am in limbo now. I don't like me smile. I used to like my teeth, i was always whitening them, they were lovely and straight, but i feel i have lost confidence in my smile and also that any dentist can help me with full confidence. Neither my dentist nor the Endodontist i visited had any confidence they could fix the problem.

What should I do. I'm afraid it will keep discoloring and the small chip is really annoying me .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,371 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I killed a front tooth falling off a seesaw at an age well old enough to know better!

The dentist did a root-canal on it at the time, but it just went grey gradually, and stuck out like a sore thumb.

So years ago I got a full crown on it, painstakingly matched to my (very oddly-coloured, and two-tone, as it turns out) other teeth.

(It's a perfect match, but I now can't get my whole discoloured set bleached, as it won't take the bleach the same, so I'll have a mismatched tooth all over again 🙄)

Don't know if that helps at all, but that's my experience.

Advertisement