Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top Oil (O'Brien's) Service Station Glenflesk

Options
  • 31-01-2022 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭

So, whats the deal with this place..? have stopped here a few times over the years on way to Killarney (from Cork) but never again.. day light robbery and rude staff.. have since heard this from others too..

Those of you who might be more familiar with this store - whats the deal? do locals find this too?

Post edited by Ciarrai76 on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Still stihl waters 3

Went in for a sandwich, coffee and bottle of water couple weeks ago and 9 euro plus change, food was grand but I was surprised at how much they're charging, saying that there's fcuk all back out of a 10er no matter where you stop, staff seemed grand but I don't really care what way they are, they're there to make the food and take the money, I don't need them to be friendly

Can't say I've stopped there since before the pandemic but always found the owner very nice and the staff great, and never noticed anything that different about prices. In fact thought they were pretty competitive on fuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Can't see anything wrong with 9e.

A coffee is 2.80. Sandwich not far short of a fiver. Leaving 1.20 approx for water which is cheap.

Not been there is a long time so can't confirm prices

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Still stihl waters 3

You're right most places now are much the same around 8 to 9 euro for lunch, I'll start bringing my own when it breaks the 10er 😥

• Registered Users Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

50e a week for lunch.. Ouch

I stopped buying coffee on the way to work over a decade ago. You could make a nice lunch for the price of the coffee alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Used to travel from Cork to Kerry regularly and would have used this station and always found them decent.

Op, you might have got someone on a bad day. Sometimes other things affect people's performance and we can all have a bad day or two.

And I never get this add on comment when people want to moan "have heard this from others too" - I call this bullsh1t. Why? Because people don't go around discussing convenience stores as part of a normal conversation, so OP, less bullsh1t please.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I think we can close this thread now. If you don't like the service/price go elsewhere. MOD

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement